164 No Studying - Now What?

mbarrera

164 No Studying - Now What?

Postby mbarrera » Sun May 19, 2013 6:52 pm

I took the LSAC prep test without studying and got a 164. My worst sections were the 2nd and 3rd, where I frequently narrowed it down to (2) choices and picked the wrong one. I also clearly made a couple of mistakes near the end because I got tired and stopped reading carefully. I'd really like to be scoring at least a 170, preferably higher for insurance so that I can get into a top school.

Are there any books, programs, or strategies developed specifically for people who already have a decent LSAT score to begin with? I don't want to waste a lot of money on learning basic test-taking strategies but am fully committed to studying to "fine tune" my skills.

Personal anecdotes are welcome as well! Thank you!

KD35

Re: 164 No Studying - Now What?

Postby KD35 » Sun May 19, 2013 7:14 pm

Try to actually look around the TLS forums...there's a lot of different posts on this. The search function can be found near the top.

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Sun May 19, 2013 7:19 pm

study

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Sun May 19, 2013 7:21 pm

mbarrera wrote:I took the LSAC prep test without studying and got a 164. My worst sections were the 2nd and 3rd, where I frequently narrowed it down to (2) choices and picked the wrong one. I also clearly made a couple of mistakes near the end because I got tired and stopped reading carefully. I'd really like to be scoring at least a 170, preferably higher for insurance so that I can get into a top school.

Are there any books, programs, or strategies developed specifically for people who already have a decent LSAT score to begin with? I don't want to waste a lot of money on learning basic test-taking strategies but am fully committed to studying to "fine tune" my skills.

Personal anecdotes are welcome as well! Thank you!

you are in great shape. pick up the manhattan strategy guides and either kaplan mastery or cambridge packets and drill until you are perfect, that is a great diagnostic score and most people cannot even hit that even with months of studying.

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Sun May 19, 2013 7:22 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:study

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”