has anyone bought a study schdule from lsat blog? worth it?

flash21

has anyone bought a study schdule from lsat blog? worth it?

Postby flash21 » Sun May 12, 2013 11:06 pm

want some opinions, just want to make sure i am using my time efficiently, but if pithypikes guide is sufficient enough ill prob stick with that

flash21

Re: has anyone bought a study schdule from lsat blog? worth it?

Postby flash21 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:15 pm

What one u sugest if ibwrite in october

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Tue May 14, 2013 12:36 pm

Since there are just over 20 weeks remaining until the October LSAT, I would suggest the 5-month (20-week) plan.

This assumes you can study for most, if not all, of that period. If you will be unable to do so (e.g. vacation), or expect to be very busy for certain periods, I'd suggest one of the slightly shorter plans (like the 4-month).

LSAT Hacks (Graeme)

Postby LSAT Hacks (Graeme) » Tue May 14, 2013 12:43 pm

My two cents is that the study schedules are worth it simply for the fact that they present all the LSAT Blog materials in a well organized way.

Steve has a lot of great, free information on his site. So much that you may miss some of it. In the study schedules, he highlights the most useful posts on each topic.

flash21

Postby flash21 » Tue May 14, 2013 4:11 pm

i got the schedule , steve , i have PM'ed you, would you mind replying if you are not too busy? thanks.

sighsigh

Postby sighsigh » Tue May 14, 2013 9:28 pm

As far as study guides go, it's pretty good. I think that, like any study guide, you will ditch it once you get into the thick of studying and realize what works best for you. However, it's a great tool to start off your studying.

steel_shot

Postby steel_shot » Tue May 14, 2013 11:06 pm

I thought it was very useful for the beginning of my prep, but I branched out a bit when it came to the last bit of it. I bought the 5 month one as well.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed May 15, 2013 12:06 am

I love the blog, but I didn't end up using the study schedule, to be honest. I found it easier / more efficient to just go with the flow of my own prepping. But if you're stuck between wanting to self-study and the structure of an in-person class, it might be a good option.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Wed May 15, 2013 12:36 pm

flash21 wrote:i got the schedule , steve , i have PM'ed you, would you mind replying if you are not too busy? thanks.

Glad you got it!

I just replied. Please check your PMs.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Wed May 15, 2013 12:40 pm

sighsigh wrote:As far as study guides go, it's pretty good. I think that, like any study guide, you will ditch it once you get into the thick of studying and realize what works best for you. However, it's a great tool to start off your studying.

steel_shot wrote:I thought it was very useful for the beginning of my prep, but I branched out a bit when it came to the last bit of it. I bought the 5 month one as well.

I'm happy to hear that it jump-started your studying!

The schedules are meant to be modified to your individual needs. They aren't meant to be followed precisely to the letter. After all, you'll need to change any plan somewhat to fit your particular strengths and weaknesses.

I'm glad you both decided to customize the framework I provided. This is exactly what I expect, and hope, folks will do.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Wed May 15, 2013 12:42 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:I love the blog, but I didn't end up using the study schedule, to be honest. I found it easier / more efficient to just go with the flow of my own prepping. But if you're stuck between wanting to self-study and the structure of an in-person class, it might be a good option.

Glad you love the blog! I agree with your comment. It sounds like you already had a sense of what you needed to do, in which case the schedules weren't necessary.

They're really meant for those who need a bit of guidance with their self-studying.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”