Should I take it or wait? It's killin me

Posts: 65
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 8:19 am

Should I take it or wait? It's killin me

Postby Hoping4Happiness » Sat May 04, 2013 9:43 am

Hi all I have been quietly lurking on this site for a while and pondered the day I might ask a question. Well friends, that day has come. I graduated with a 3.7 from a public school top 10 in 2011. For the past TWO years I have essentially been 'studying for the LSAT' and by that I mean telling myself I need to study and not doing much about it... I got very lazy... even signed up for it a couple of times and didnt take it (just withdrew). Suffice to say my parents have threatened to kick me out if I'm not leaving for law school by next year; but more importantly, I genuinely want to do it and go to a school worth possibly going 250k into debt for. I know the bare basics of the lsat (took a prep course/ never did the hw) I know it all sounds so STUPID I wasted 2 years if my life, trust me I've dwelled. On to my question- I took a PT yesterday (Oct04) and got a 158. I know I am capable of doing well... I would be OKAY with anything above a 166... My question is if waiting another year as well as taking the December lsat is out if the question, should l study 9 hrs a day every day for a month (would this be considered cramming?), and if i am scoring 166+ on 3/4 PTs just take my chances in June, safe in the notion that I always have October as a back up if I bomb it, or end up sitting next to who smells and won't stop tapping their pencil or something... Or should I put all my eggs in one basket and have October be my no or go? :/ What is your opinion? of course if I don't feel I have a fair chance and getting 166+ I just won't take it next month, but if I do- should I just do it? I really don't want to have to take it twice (as with anyone I'm sure).

User avatar
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: Should I take it or wait? It's killin me

Postby jvincent11 » Sat May 04, 2013 9:50 am

Well if you really want to go to law school you should WANT to be studying for the LSAT. It shouldn't be this difficult to get yourself to study.

To answer your question, study 9 hours a day from now until October, and take October, December, and February. So many people improve after their first attempt, and what I wouldn't do for an extra 2 points....

User avatar
Posts: 1631
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Should I take it or wait? It's killin me

Postby Pneumonia » Sat May 04, 2013 11:59 am

don't take in June, even if you feel capable of getting the 166. Your target score should be 180. Study like that is the only score you'll accept. do the best you can. you might feel happy with a 166 now, but once you start applying you don't want to have any "what if" questions. June isn't enough time to prep- study like crazy and take october and get a 170+.

and again, try for a 180.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: Should I take it or wait? It's killin me

Postby Dr. Dre » Sat May 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Study diligently for October's test.

That means no messing around with girls, hitting up em' bars, etc.

Lock yourself in your room and study.

If you can't do that, don't go to law school.

Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:47 pm

Re: Should I take it or wait? It's killin me

Postby sighsigh » Sat May 04, 2013 1:12 pm

Taking it in October is not putting all your eggs in one basket. October is actually early enough that you can still meet most/all ED deadlines. December would be your backup, and February your ultra-backup (most schools take February scores I believe).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dj9i27, Google [Bot], laggyking, Vino.Veritas, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests