Overperforming on the LSAT

lawschoolwoohoo

Overperforming on the LSAT

Postby lawschoolwoohoo » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi,

So I've already committed to a school for next year, but now that I think about it, I wonder if I could have done better than my 167 and should cancel the deposit and re-take. Here's the catch-I actually way overperformed on my LSAT when I took it. I diagnostic tested at 154 and took a prep course through Blueprint, which I found really helpful. The highest practice test score I got, however, was a 165. I usually averaged around 162-164. So I was pretty happily shocked with my inexplicable 167. So, that said, since I overperformed, would it be stupid to try and re-take? A friend of mine got a 168 and then tried to re-take to a 170+, took two prep classes, studied constantly (probably dropped at least 2k on LSAT stuff) and actually ended up with a much lower score his second time, so I don't want that to happen to me.

So, in short, would a re-take be worth it if I over-performed the first time? Or should I just take my 3/4 scholly at a top 25 law school and stop thinking about the LSAT?

spleenworship

Re: Overperforming on the LSAT

Postby spleenworship » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:03 pm

lawschoolwoohoo wrote:just take my 3/4 scholly at a top 25 law school and stop thinking about the LSAT

This is what I would do, personally.

NanaP

Postby NanaP » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:28 pm

lawschoolwoohoo wrote:Hi,

So I've already committed to a school for next year, but now that I think about it, I wonder if I could have done better than my 167 and should cancel the deposit and re-take. Here's the catch-I actually way overperformed on my LSAT when I took it. I diagnostic tested at 154 and took a prep course through Blueprint, which I found really helpful. The highest practice test score I got, however, was a 165. I usually averaged around 162-164. So I was pretty happily shocked with my inexplicable 167. So, that said, since I overperformed, would it be stupid to try and re-take? A friend of mine got a 168 and then tried to re-take to a 170+, took two prep classes, studied constantly (probably dropped at least 2k on LSAT stuff) and actually ended up with a much lower score his second time, so I don't want that to happen to me.

So, in short, would a re-take be worth it if I over-performed the first time? Or should I just take my 3/4 scholly at a top 25 law school and stop thinking about the LSAT?

If you over performed, then I wouldn't retake......you could retake and get a much lower score...take the money and go....

lawschoolwoohoo

Postby lawschoolwoohoo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:39 am

Thanks guys! I'll take the scholly and run with it--if even TLS isn't telling me to re-take, then I know I'm making the right choice!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”