Postby LawyerBrah » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:33 pm

Last edited by LawyerBrah on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: What should my next step be?

Postby DeterminedToOvercome » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:05 pm

I recommend buying the Manhattan resource for LG. They offer what I believe to be better ways of approaching sections (relative ordering tree is much easier using their method rather than PowerScore's), etc. I started off with similar numbers as you and I decided to take more time to studying my mistakes. Also, if you can, eliminate anything that is unnecessary and taking up valuable time. Are you spending too much time on particular question types? You need to know when to skip a question and guess and move on. Are you getting to complete all 4 games or only 2 or 3? Maybe you could focus on just solving 3 games correctly rather than trying to rush through all 4 games?

Take your time and spend more time on the diagram and making inferences. They call it the BIG PAUSE in the Manhattan resources. Slowing down to consider everything might actually save you time in the long run and help you answer questions more effectively later.

Repetition is key. The more you do the better you will get at it.

Postby 6lehderjets » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:08 pm

You're in a good spot. LG is the most learnable section, so keep drilling. Go back and find out if you are consistently getting a certain type of game wrong. If you notice a pattern with grouping games for example it wouldn't hurt to try Manhattan's approach for your weak point. I used Powerscore primarily but incorporated Manhattan for sequencing games. Good job on your improvement; keep it up.

Postby Grond » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:30 pm

LawyerBrah wrote:I finished a Powerscore class about two weeks ago (I've been sick so haven't studied since)

Scored a 148 on my initial Powerscore diagnostic

Scored a 161 on my last Powerscore exam

I'm still struggling in Logic Games. Went from getting 20 percent of questions correct (completely guessing everything), to about 50 percent during the course, per section.

Should i consider private tutoring?

Just do practice exams?

Maybe pick up the Manhattan LSAT series and look over that?

What do you guys think?

You should ask that question here: http://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/
We can look at your score reports, give you specific advice, etc..

Also sent you a pm.

Postby 20140807 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:02 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”