$425 Self Study Manhattan LSAT GOOD or NOT?

sky888fa

$425 Self Study Manhattan LSAT GOOD or NOT?

Postby sky888fa » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:34 pm

For Class Recordings (60+ hrs), is it the same content recorded from a LIVE real class?

How does it compare to 7Sage ($179 ) and Velocity ($550)?

Which is best for reading section? THanks

jwg6x6

Re: $425 Self Study Manhattan LSAT GOOD or NOT?

Postby jwg6x6 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:57 pm

I did Manhattan and blue print. IMO LR is better in blueprint but LG and RC is better in Manhattan. The RC in Manhattan is especially good.

sky888fa

Postby sky888fa » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:00 pm

You did online course?

jwg6x6 wrote:I did Manhattan and blue print. IMO LR is better in blueprint but LG and RC is better in Manhattan. The RC in Manhattan is especially good.

mindarmed

Postby mindarmed » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:52 pm

If you plan to self study why would you purchase a course?

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:45 pm

I'll leave the reviews to others, but you should know that in about 10 days we're upgrading the program to be interactive videos (i.e. the video program reacts to your answers) and the price will increase substantially. So, if you're going to purchase the program, I'd do it this week before the price goes up.

gaud

Postby gaud » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:46 pm

If I could do it all over again, I would have began my prep w/ Manhattan LSAT. Just my 2 cents.

sky888fa

Postby sky888fa » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:08 pm

What class are you referring to?

The current $425 class will increase its price?

The online $425 class has recording from a real in-class LSAT course? Thanks

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:I'll leave the reviews to others, but you should know that in about 10 days we're upgrading the program to be interactive videos (i.e. the video program reacts to your answers) and the price will increase substantially. So, if you're going to purchase the program, I'd do it this week before the price goes up.

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:15 pm

Amazon has self study Manhattan for $65.84. Use the rest of the money for PTs and stimulants.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:19 pm

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:Amazon has self study Manhattan for $65.84. Use the rest of the money for PTs and stimulants.

This

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:45 pm

sky888fa wrote:What class are you referring to?

The current $425 class will increase its price?

The online $425 class has recording from a real in-class LSAT course? Thanks

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:I'll leave the reviews to others, but you should know that in about 10 days we're upgrading the program to be interactive videos (i.e. the video program reacts to your answers) and the price will increase substantially. So, if you're going to purchase the program, I'd do it this week before the price goes up.

I'm referring to our Complete Self Study program. The program has historically included recordings of live online classes but we're now adding the interactive videos (for those recommending just getting the books on Amazon, the self-study program the OP is asking about is a bit more involved since it includes a course to follow on your own).

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn the thread into a MLSAT product detail and pricing discussion--I just wanted to save the OP some moola! Please pm me with any more questions.

Skill Game

Postby Skill Game » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:11 am

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:Amazon has self study Manhattan for $65.84. Use the rest of the money for PTs and stimulants.

+1 for stimulants

alan-7sage

Postby alan-7sage » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:29 pm

If you want to know how 7Sage compares to Manhattan, try us out. We have a free trial, hundreds of free logic game explanations, and a 14 day money back guarantee on all our courses. 7Sage's courses are designed specifically for online learning, and have received positive reviews on Yelp and elsewhere.

I am a 7Sage founder, go ahead and email me (alan@7sage.com) about anything, and I'll be happy to answer.
Last edited by alan-7sage on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BerkeleyBear

Postby BerkeleyBear » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:32 pm

Nova wrote:

This

Amazon FTW. I got the RC, LR and LG books plus 15 preptests for under $120. MLSAT is my fav so far.

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:37 pm

BerkeleyBear wrote:
Nova wrote:

This

Amazon FTW. I got the RC, LR and LG books plus 15 preptests for under $120. MLSAT is my fav so far.

MLSAT definitely on par with PS Bibles, far ahead of the rest of the pack.

eliztudorr

Postby eliztudorr » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:54 pm

armedwithamind wrote:If you plan to self study why would you purchase a course?

that was kinda my question too. i think the difference between every prep company is at its materials. i've never taken the self study course but if you are just going to be self-studying...you might as well just buy the books from Manhattan, unless their self study package consist of valuable resources that you think might fit your study style.

otherwise, their books are really good. i have the LR and LG. currently studying them on my own. and i think i kinda like it.

LG: gives harder examples in the chapters so you might feel like shit when you are working through it but if you practice with real PT, you will see improvement. im currently redoing games i did when i first started studying (without the MLSAT) and im doing games that i spent 12 min on in 5-6 min. maybe its a combination of alot of things i tried out but i like having a guiding tool like MLSAT LG (i heard PS LG bibles are good too, but more for beginners grasping the fundamentals which i was able to do while taking my live course at TestMasters)

LR: only just started today, and feel like its clearing up a lot of things that i was very confused about when learning the first time from the TM live course. also, IMO, any prep book is better than ONLY working through PTs on your own.

i think courses by these prep companies can only provide you with a general guideline of things you should at least run through in time. but it doesn't emphasize on your own strength and weakness. so if you are not the planner type, i guess a course is ok. but i really recommend you plan your own schedule yourself. check out the material they use and see if you can find similar if not identical study materials.

it took me 2 hours to plan my own 4 month study schedule, but hey now i know exactly what im doing everyday. instead of following what someone else plan for me.

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:48 pm

from what I heard 7SAGE uses manhattan's methods. Someone told me that they are like MLSAT but in video form.
From what I saw in their youtube videos, they seem ok

sky888fa

Postby sky888fa » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:29 pm

Well, their $425 Self Study program gives you all pretests and recordings of classes.

I am still wondering if the the 3 books from AMAZON covers everything you can get from a LIVE classroom prep course?

eliztudorr wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:If you plan to self study why would you purchase a course?

that was kinda my question too. i think the difference between every prep company is at its materials. i've never taken the self study course but if you are just going to be self-studying...you might as well just buy the books from Manhattan, unless their self study package consist of valuable resources that you think might fit your study style.

otherwise, their books are really good. i have the LR and LG. currently studying them on my own. and i think i kinda like it.

LG: gives harder examples in the chapters so you might feel like shit when you are working through it but if you practice with real PT, you will see improvement. im currently redoing games i did when i first started studying (without the MLSAT) and im doing games that i spent 12 min on in 5-6 min. maybe its a combination of alot of things i tried out but i like having a guiding tool like MLSAT LG (i heard PS LG bibles are good too, but more for beginners grasping the fundamentals which i was able to do while taking my live course at TestMasters)

LR: only just started today, and feel like its clearing up a lot of things that i was very confused about when learning the first time from the TM live course. also, IMO, any prep book is better than ONLY working through PTs on your own.

i think courses by these prep companies can only provide you with a general guideline of things you should at least run through in time. but it doesn't emphasize on your own strength and weakness. so if you are not the planner type, i guess a course is ok. but i really recommend you plan your own schedule yourself. check out the material they use and see if you can find similar if not identical study materials.

it took me 2 hours to plan my own 4 month study schedule, but hey now i know exactly what im doing everyday. instead of following what someone else plan for me.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:45 pm

sky888fa wrote:Well, their $425 Self Study program gives you all pretests and recordings of classes.

I am still wondering if the the 3 books from AMAZON covers everything you can get from a LIVE classroom prep course?

Here's the skinny:

The 3 books from Amazon do lay out all our strategies, and you'll get tons of practice -- though you'll obviously want to also grab some practice tests to practice on too.

The Self Study Program -- and here I'm describing what will be available next week (though we've started swapping in the lessons already) - will include all our books, all the LSATs, and Interact lessons covering all the topics (they're "videos" in which you have to click and answer questions and the program reacts to you). You'll also get access to recordings of our live online classes, though those would be redundant for the most part as the Interact lessons cover by and large the same material, but a lot of people like to see the dialogue between a teacher and student (we don't do lecture-style courses).

So, it comes down to whether you are able to get everything you can from the books alone. We wrote the books to be teachers, so I hope that's true for many folks that use our books. Some people will go further and insist that a course is a waste of time, which is probably true for them (though why they think it's true for everyone else is confusing). Many other people find having a teacher (or an interactive video :)) to push them to think to be very useful. Also, it's organized your prep and can help you stay motivated, which can be useful.

It's up to you now. Go forth and infer. (or pm me with more questions).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”