Feb Waiters: is TODAY the DAY? [New Poll] Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

LSAT Release Date

Sometime in Feb
3%
March 1
5%
March 4
26%
March 5
24%
March 6
23%
March 7
4%
March 8
3%
March 11
1%
March 12 and/or Beyond
12%

Total votes: 191

poiu

New

Re: Feb Waiters

Post by poiu » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:53 pm

lsatquestions2013 wrote:I had memes in mine but also had two RCs, so it's possible that's experimental...trying to figure out (I messed that one up but did fine on other RC). I'm pretty sure the memes one also had fish. Do you remember that too?

Did anyone who only had one RC remember memes or fish?
I don't recall any memes. Would you be interested in answering my earlier question?

MarkKnows87

New

Post by MarkKnows87 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:57 pm

poiu wrote:
lsatquestions2013 wrote:I had memes in mine but also had two RCs, so it's possible that's experimental...trying to figure out (I messed that one up but did fine on other RC). I'm pretty sure the memes one also had fish. Do you remember that too?

Did anyone who only had one RC remember memes or fish?
I don't recall any memes. Would you be interested in answering my earlier question?
I only had one RC and don't remember any questions based on memes or fish either.

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:59 pm

Let me know if I am overstepping my bounds with this.

Mod edit: yes.

CristopherG

New

Post by CristopherG » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:04 pm

I had LR - RC - LR - LR - LG

The first LR was... unusual. I felt like the first dozen questions were much harder than the usual first half. And not even unusually hard, just a collection of questions that independently weren't particularly hard, but were also sufficiently different from what I would expect to find in the first half of LR that it threw me off. Just a bunch of questions where you raise an eyebrow when you see it in a normal section, and get 2-3 for the whole thing, except we had like twice that much crammed in at the beginning. I had to race through the last 5 questions. I'm going to guess -2 or -3 on this one.

RC was.. interesting. The comparative passage almost made me burst out laughing in the test room. The art passage was a bit odd. The science passage was annoying, and the law passage was easy. I'll guess -1 to -3 here as well.

The second LR... I don't really remember. So I'm going to go ahead and say it was nothing special. I'll guess 0 or -1.

Fourth LR I believe was my experimental - bathroom gossip and all that. Anyway, it wasn't that bad either, nothing too memorable sticking out at me. Actually, two questions near the end kind of pissed me off, but the rest was pretty easy. Guessing 0 to -2.

Fifth was LG. Super, super easy. The first game was so easy, I finished in <5 minutes I'd guess. My thoughts were something like "awesome, that was SO easy" followed by "crap, I bet there's a monster game hiding somewhere ahead". But the monster game never showed up. I'm positive I got games perfect.

So I guess I'm looking at anything from a 174ish through a 180 if the curve is generous. I'll probably re-write if what comes back is less than a 178.

LSLovely173

New

Post by LSLovely173 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:04 pm

mod edit

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GreatWhiteNorth

New

Post by GreatWhiteNorth » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:06 pm

mod edit

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:06 pm

LSLovely173 wrote:mod edit
Yep. Well if it makes you feel any better, I messed up on LG, my strongest section but nailed the exp LG.

poiu

New

Post by poiu » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:07 pm

Fifth was LG. Super, super easy. The first game was so easy, I finished in <5 minutes I'd guess. My thoughts were something like "awesome, that was SO easy" followed by "crap, I bet there's a monster game hiding somewhere ahead". But the monster game never showed up..
I had the EXACT SAME reaction.

And I, too, thought the 4th LR had a few genuinely weird questions in there, so I hope your bathroom gossip is correct.

CristopherG

New

Post by CristopherG » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:07 pm

GreatWhiteNorth wrote:mod edit
the hell how did I miss that

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

illiniguy1551

Bronze

Post by illiniguy1551 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:07 pm

mod edit

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:09 pm

Holy smokes this year flew by! I was in this thread last February and feels like yesterday. Good luck to all. It will all turn out okay!

CristopherG

New

Post by CristopherG » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:11 pm

poiu wrote:
Fifth was LG. Super, super easy. The first game was so easy, I finished in <5 minutes I'd guess. My thoughts were something like "awesome, that was SO easy" followed by "crap, I bet there's a monster game hiding somewhere ahead". But the monster game never showed up..
I had the EXACT SAME reaction.

And I, too, thought the 4th LR had a few genuinely weird questions in there, so I hope your bathroom gossip is correct.
The fourth wasn't the one with the weird questions, unfortunately. It was pretty nondescript, I'd say. There were two or three tricky ones at the back but that's pretty much par for the course.

TomThompson

New

Post by TomThompson » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:15 pm

CristopherG wrote:
GreatWhiteNorth wrote:mod edit
the hell how did I miss that
:shock: Wow me too.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Instinctive

Bronze

Post by Instinctive » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:20 pm

Kesha made me laugh

I had 2 LG sections.

Of the 8 games, computers was the only one I had issues with. I was all "WTF?" Thank God I had nearly 20 minutes for it...

Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed getting RC first. All my PTs and such pointed to "You want RC first or you lose focus mid-passages" for me...I was ecstatic to see it first, and then psyched again when I had a 2nd LG after break.

As to which LG was experimental...

One had a tough game or two and the game that I had never encountered before. The other was 4 games of styles I recognized, and seemed easy. So either one was too easy and it's the exp, or one was brand new and super hard, so it must be the exp....I have no idea.

Hope we all did well! I already can't wait to get scores back...

Michigan1442

New

Post by Michigan1442 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Is it true that the experimental is no longer limited to the first 3 sections??

lawl92

New

Post by lawl92 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:28 pm

Michigan1442 wrote:Is it true that the experimental is no longer limited to the first 3 sections??
Correct.

GreatWhiteNorth

New

Post by GreatWhiteNorth » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:28 pm

Michigan1442 wrote:Is it true that the experimental is no longer limited to the first 3 sections??
dude did you take it at state today?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lawl92

New

Post by lawl92 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Instinctive wrote:Kesha made me laugh

I had 2 LG sections.

Of the 8 games, computers was the only one I had issues with. I was all "WTF?" Thank God I had nearly 20 minutes for it...

Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed getting RC first. All my PTs and such pointed to "You want RC first or you lose focus mid-passages" for me...I was ecstatic to see it first, and then psyched again when I had a 2nd LG after break.

As to which LG was experimental...

One had a tough game or two and the game that I had never encountered before. The other was 4 games of styles I recognized, and seemed easy. So either one was too easy and it's the exp, or one was brand new and super hard, so it must be the exp....I have no idea.

Hope we all did well! I already can't wait to get scores back...

Second one might not have been the experimental.

GreatWhiteNorth

New

Post by GreatWhiteNorth » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:31 pm

any lg w/ computers had to be experimental. I only had 1 LG section, none of which involved computers.

ws81086n

Bronze

Post by ws81086n » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Consensus seems to be that LG was easy. I'm inclined to agree to a point, but I wouldn't say it was a cake section. It was very manageable, but one thing we have to remember is that we can't infer the effect a given section will have on the scale from our own personal opinions of the difficulty of the section. I think that last game gave enough people trouble to make LG harder than a really easy LG section. Games 2 and 3 weren't TOTALLY easy, either, though they were both very manageable.

ws81086n

Bronze

Post by ws81086n » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:43 pm

Curve estimates?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

overperformer

New

Post by overperformer » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:44 pm

checking in.

LR-RC-LR-LR-LG

LR1 - 26 - started strong, got tough towards the end. the battle just beginning
RC - blanked out during the 1st passage but questions were easy. owned the comparative passage. blanked out for the bebop.
LR2 - 25 - very easy.
LR3 - 25 - easy, but more tough than LR2
LG - nothin too tough here at all. feel like i went perfect. 1 easy game. 3 medium games.

curve -11ish

Fzybunnies

New

Post by Fzybunnies » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:46 pm

illiniguy1551 wrote:RC - LR - RC - LR - LG

I thought both RC's were hard, but I also suck at RC a lot. Praying I guessed well!
LG seemed more like LG from 45 to 55, not as difficult as recent.
Felt meh about first LR, felt great about last LR.

Anyone have "memes" in their RC?
I had one RC. Didn't have any passages about meme's

ws81086n

Bronze

Post by ws81086n » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:46 pm

Agree on the 11ish estimate. For me, it goes 10>11>>>12

Bjorn

New

Post by Bjorn » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:49 pm

I had 3 LRs--2 seemed to be fairly standard fare to me, and one seemed to be ridiculously hard. Like, I wasn't sure about half of them or so. I had RC-LR-LR-LR-LG. The third LR was the hard one. Resonating with someone who posted above, the hard LR for me seemed to have a lot of hard questions squeezed into the beginning--very unusual since they usually start out easy and get harder towards the end.

This same person, though, said that this "hard" section was not the section he suspected of being experimental. What's the reason behind this? Very disheartening over here, since I'm sure I bombed that section. Couldn't make heads or tails of it.

Other thoughts on this?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”