Conditional Logic Work

kaseyb002

Conditional Logic Work

Postby kaseyb002 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:30 pm

So after going through the sufficient assumption workbook from Cambridge, I realized I am not nearly as fluent as I should be with conditional logic. I know there are a number of resources out there for this; does anyone have specific recommendations?

I have gone through:
Manhattan LR
Velocity LR
LR and LG Bible

rebexness

Re: Conditional Logic Work

Postby rebexness » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:56 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

totoro

Postby totoro » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Sorry if this is not that helpful, but in my experience (someone with no prior knowledge of conditional logic), I found that Manhattan and PS Bible were sufficient to get a good handle on conditional logic. They are complementary to each other and cover some different aspects of logic so I think they're both worth reviewing. You shouldn't need to get actual philosophy books for LSAT conditional logic, as the scope that the LSAT tests is pretty limited.

But, maybe just review the sufficient assumption questions you got wrong to see what the logic "gap" was that you may have missed? I think conditional logic is harder/more relevant for several other question types actually... parallel reasoning, infer, etc. Sufficient assumption questions can usually be solved using intuition.

ksllaw

Postby ksllaw » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:49 am

Was there a particular problem with it that you've identified?

For example, was it simply remembering what types of inferences/deductions you can make given certain conditional statements? Was it the entire concept of conditionals themselves?

And, finally, was it conditionals applied to logic games or logical reasoning? Or, perhaps both?

manofjustice

Postby manofjustice » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:57 am

Don't forget predicate logic!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”