Improving LG time Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
wtrc

Gold

Improving LG time

Post by wtrc » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:18 pm

So I took LSAT in June 2011. Did alright but want to improve. I've pretty much gotten rid of mistakes in LG, but my timing sucks. I complete sections with 0 to at most 2 errors consistently, but the sections take me a consistent 37 to 42 minutes. I've improved on accuracy considerably, but timing only a little. Any tips? At 35 minutes I've usually done 3 full games and 2 to 4 questions from the 4th.

Tldr- I can do LG almost perfectly, but not in time.

bgood2texas

New

Re: Improving LG time

Post by bgood2texas » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:59 pm

weathercoins wrote:So I took LSAT in June 2011. Did alright but want to improve. I've pretty much gotten rid of mistakes in LG, but my timing sucks. I complete sections with 0 to at most 2 errors consistently, but the sections take me a consistent 37 to 42 minutes. I've improved on accuracy considerably, but timing only a little. Any tips? At 35 minutes I've usually done 3 full games and 2 to 4 questions from the 4th.

Tldr- I can do LG almost perfectly, but not in time.
Logic games used to be my worst section, including a Chernobyl style implosion in June. In October, it was my best section. What I'd recommend is printing out a huge stack of logic games and just doing them. Don't worry about timing, don't worry about doing an entire section, just grab a stack and do them.

I did this for about a month and half, at least 3-4 games a day and they became automatic. I knocked down my timing by 2-2 and a half minutes per game.

bbsg

Bronze

Re: Improving LG time

Post by bbsg » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:39 pm

It's like learning guitar. Once you *really* know a song, you can play it 10x faster than its actual tempo. You just gotta accept that sometimes you gotta spend some extra time on figuring out a few complicated parts until your brain just clicks and it all becomes second-nature, and then before you know it you're rocking it every time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”