JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
natashka85

Bronze

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Post by natashka85 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:48 am

Daily_Double,i m very disappointed by you,we all are here to help each other,just because the approaches are different doesn`t mean i shouldn`t take part in the review w you guys,we can still help each other and discuss things.Besides you don`t own this thread ,we all have equal rights and should encourage each other to reach a higher score.

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Silver

Post by A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:07 am

To be fair, if anyone owns this thread, it's MauveT-Rex.
MauveT-Rex's last post was January 26.
No one on TLS has any rights.
Daily_Double is probably thread MVP at this point.

dopedoer

New

Post by dopedoer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:10 am

@elize

Thanks for another thoughtful response! And, more importantly, revealing 7sage to me! Holy hell, what a resource.

I'm currently debating my approach - BP online course as it's taught or self-study mode, tackling the various workbooks and then attacking questions by type. It seems to be an all or nothing type decision since the questions will overlap if I try to do both methods simultaneously. I suppose I'll spend a bit more time seeing what people have said on the subject, sleep on it and then hope to wake up to more specific advice.

How are you scoring?

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:10 am

Ok, let's slow down here for just a second.

First off, eliztudorr, thanks for the praise, but let's not overdue it.

Second, natashka85, let's be nice. I don't claim, nor do I wish to own this thread, if that's even possible. Even then who cares? Furthermore, I frequently attempt to encourage people to realize their potential and attain a high score.
Last edited by Daily_Double on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:19 am

Daily_Double wrote:Ok, let's slow down here for just a second.

First off, eliztudorr, thanks for the praise, but let's not overdue it.

Second, natashka85, let's be nice. I don't claim, nor do I wish to own this thread, if that's even possible. Even then who cares? Furthermore, I frequently attempt to encourage people to realize their potential and attain a high score.

You know what,this is what u just pmed me,

``Our schedules don't match up, it's as simple as that. And let's not pollute the thread with insults, it's just not nice, it has also made me unwilling to modify my schedule to meet yours. Good luck with the rest of your prep, and please don't PM me again.``

You should be more than happy to hear all these approaches i was revealing during the review,one of the study partners last time Guorilla he said he wants me to take part in the review too,so i am sure objection -your -honor also doesn`t have anything against me,so you are the only one that is mean.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

eliztudorr

Bronze

Post by eliztudorr » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:32 am

dopedoer wrote:@elize

Thanks for another thoughtful response! And, more importantly, revealing 7sage to me! Holy hell, what a resource.

I'm currently debating my approach - BP online course as it's taught or self-study mode, tackling the various workbooks and then attacking questions by type. It seems to be an all or nothing type decision since the questions will overlap if I try to do both methods simultaneously. I suppose I'll spend a bit more time seeing what people have said on the subject, sleep on it and then hope to wake up to more specific advice.

How are you scoring?

im not confident enough to reveal my score so sorry about that. im trying very hard though...thats for sure. oh and don't worry about overlapping questions. it doesn't matter as long as everytime you see the question you know exactly why the correct answer is right and others are wrong. its the practice of logic that matters.

i think online course is pretty much self-study. and lets be honest, LSAT really depends on self-studying. even by going to the live course 4 hours straight and 3 times a week doesn't do more than the work i do out of class.

i started working on my PT sections because like i said, i exhausted my questions by type when i wasn't sure what the hell was going on :( the truth is im sure ive seen all the questions before but honestly i didn't remember them at all lol

for sure let others give you better advice. that's what we are all here for. trying to learn from each other. you are lucky that LR is intuitive. and with your major. :)

eliztudorr

Bronze

Post by eliztudorr » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:41 am

my RC is still a mess...i really want to cry...

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:45 am

eliztudorr wrote:my RC is still a mess...i really want to cry...
Feel free to post here or pm me w any Rc questions and I will help u.

eliztudorr

Bronze

Post by eliztudorr » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:48 am

natashka85 wrote:
thanks. i will keep that in mind. im still trying to figure what exactly is my problem with RC...i just cannot read :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:53 am

eliztudorr wrote:
natashka85 wrote:
Your approach maybe different and not right,to succeed in RC ,you need the right approach,I am doing pt 52 Tmr ,if u want we can go over reading comp together in the chatroom,do that section and we can review together.

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:58 am

We all own the thread.

'Murrica!

crazyrobin

Bronze

Post by crazyrobin » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:36 am

Check out PT39 S1 Game 2 guys.
I did this section timed. 29min -0!!! Glad to see my effort paying off.

The second game is kinda odd and almost throws me off. I did Q 6 & Q 7 then on Q8 I . I decided to move on to Game 3. This paid off, game 3 & game 4 were really easy. I came to back to game 2 with 10 min left.

Somehow I think this approach may cause more trouble. Any thought guys? How would you approach game when you get stuck?

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:14 pm

Natashka, if there is a scheduling problem then you should feel free to arrange review times yourself in this thread with others at times that suit you. Simple as that.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Sourrudedude

Bronze

Post by Sourrudedude » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:35 pm

Last edited by Sourrudedude on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warandpeace

Bronze

Post by warandpeace » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Sourrudedude wrote:Hey guys,

I'm going to do a LOT of LSAT studying next week but after that I'm going to have a 2-3 week period where I have a bunch of papers to write and a conference to prep for so I'll have very limited time for LSAT stuff. Does anyone have any advice on how to stay sharp when you only have a couple hours a week for studying?

Thanks in advance.
I say scan questions in advance and just do drills before class, when you're bored, etc.

griffin.811

Bronze

Post by griffin.811 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Haha join the club! PT66: 161 RC:-10 smh! just imagine the possibilities... I'm starting to think its a mental thing now. Just keep reading!

griffin.811

Bronze

Post by griffin.811 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:47 pm

eliztudorr wrote:
natashka85 wrote:
thanks. i will keep that in mind. im still trying to figure what exactly is my problem with RC...i just cannot read :(
haha you really sound just like me. I dont understand the issues though. At one point I was no worse than -7, now I'm struggling to stay under -10.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:06 pm

I'm going to do a LOT of LSAT studying next week but after that I'm going to have a 2-3 week period where I have a bunch of papers to write and a conference to prep for so I'll have very limited time for LSAT stuff. Does anyone have any advice on how to stay sharp when you only have a couple hours a week for studying?

Thanks in advance.
It's definitely possible. First you should try to get ahead in school so that you're LSAT prep doesn't suffer significantly, however, that's often more difficult than it sounds. I've been really busy with midterms, memos, and cases, over the last week and a half, I stay on top of prep by doing four old games from PTs 1-38 every morning and reviewing old PTs during lunch. However, my RC prep has been neglected lately due to my diminishing available time and preference for LR and LG. Just spread out your prep, you can still stay on top of your game.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:32 pm

Thank God everything shuts down in DC for an inch of snow. Off work so can get a few hours in today of LSAT.

Sourrudedude

Bronze

Post by Sourrudedude » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:34 pm

Last edited by Sourrudedude on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

eliztudorr

Bronze

Post by eliztudorr » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:35 pm

griffin.811 wrote:
eliztudorr wrote:
natashka85 wrote:
haha you really sound just like me. I dont understand the issues though. At one point I was no worse than -7, now I'm struggling to stay under -10.
:( I find it really hard to read fast.. 4-5 min reading passage which is bad already. And I sometimes don't understand some important sentencs because the language looks complicated. And then sometimes I mosunderstand the whole passage. On top of that, I don't remember details of passage but questions often refer to specific stuff and I get thrown off and have to reread..... And doesn't matter what I do, I always get -2 PER passage. Sometimes the whole passage....

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:38 pm

I'll have very limited time for LSAT stuff. Does anyone have any advice on how to stay sharp when you only have a couple hours a week for studying?

Thanks in advance.
Print off sections/games. I wouldnt honestly bother with RC because its difficult to just whip out a passage without being in the zone (at least productively). But games (8 min) or a set of LR (I aim for 10 q's in about 12 minutes) are easy to do.

Sourrudedude

Bronze

Post by Sourrudedude » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:44 pm

Last edited by Sourrudedude on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:59 pm

If anybody has PT 51 still out, mind explaining LR2 (Section 3) #12 to me? Only LR problem I had, and I don't get why A is the answer (other than process of elimination). If anti-environmentalists are NOT true dissidents, why is the position controversial? Is the entire second half of what the commentator says just irrelevant to the answer?

warandpeace

Bronze

Post by warandpeace » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:08 pm

anyone know the absolute cheapest way to get PTs? Anyone have deals? I heard Amazon does a 3 for something deal...?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”