JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:07 am

Can someone please explain the setup and just the entire clusterfuck that is PT39, LG (section 1), game #2 - Capital Employees.

The setup and rule #1 completely throw me off.

Thanks a bunch. I nearly threw a table at 3am trying to figure this shit out. It also may be cause I've been studying and doing LSAT prep for going on 6 hours.

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Silver

Post by A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:21 am

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:Can someone please explain the setup and just the entire clusterfuck that is PT39, LG (section 1), game #2 - Capital Employees.

The setup and rule #1 completely throw me off.

Thanks a bunch. I nearly threw a table at 3am trying to figure this shit out. It also may be cause I've been studying and doing LSAT prep for going on 6 hours.
I did the diagram like the 7sage video, with 3 topics x 3 days.

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:39 am

Yeah I just saw that. But then I couldn't do the game right after it either after going -0 and -1 on every game for the last 5 hours. Imma just chalk it up to being exhausted.

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Silver

Post by A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:42 am

Games look different when fresh. Don't throw tables.

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:54 am

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:Games look different when fresh. Don't throw tables.
I've been in rage mode for the last hour so I'm putting the books down and watching my TiVo'd shows until I feel better.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:01 pm

I haven't seen the 7Sage video, but I set it up like this. I also remember that up to two players can occupy a single slot. No repeats on days or sessions, which makes the game very restricted as soon as you are given a position or two.

Code: Select all

MM
SS
TT

R: __ __ __

I: __ __ __  ~M ~S

H: __ __ __
   1   2   3
          ~T

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:09 pm

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
I've been in rage mode for the last hour so I'm putting the books down and watching my TiVo'd shows until I feel better.
Check out house of cards, it's awesome.

Gold

Post by 052220151 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:25 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:I haven't seen the 7Sage video, but I set it up like this. I also remember that up to two players can occupy a single slot. No repeats on days or sessions, which makes the game very restricted as soon as you are given a position or two.
[/code]
This is right. On super restricted games like this, once you have the setup, plug and chug. People try to outthink the games too much. Also, how do you have the stamina to do six hours of drilling? On days I'm not testing, I can do like 3 hours, max.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:55 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
Check out house of cards, it's awesome.
BAD ADVICE DD. If you watch one episode of that, you will be hooked for all 13, and LSAT studying goes away for 3 days. :P

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Weathercoins, I watched four straight episodes last night. I'm hooked.

ready4180

New

Post by ready4180 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:59 pm

House of Cards is TOO GOOD.

I've been neglecting studying as of late because I've been crushed with work. But the good news is I've gone through the entire Manhattan LG Guide and most of the Cambridge bundles 2x. My current plan is to take PT 50 tomorrow, and then move on and start to work on LR (although doing at least 5 games a day to stay fresh). This weekend is looking like it will be work-filled as well but hopefully I won't get too far off schedule

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:08 pm

Thanks all.

Re: stamina, idk I just do. I mix it in with school work as well though. But now I know my limit.

Yesterday I was at school all day, then went to Muay Thai, played basketball for almost 2 hours, came home and cleaned, then studied/did LSAT for 6 hours. By hour 6 my brain was mush. My body was just totally over exerted.

Re: House of Cards I saw the first episode. This is dangerous. After realizing how much I dig Archer I was hooked for a week until I was all caught up. I need to space out HoC or else I'll become totally unproductive lol

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Don't even get me started on archer, god I love the Woodhouse cracks. In other news, I've dug pretty deeply into PT 50, I'm looking forward to the review. In addition, today I finished the last eight complex ordering games, again, I don't feel like posting scores and times, lets just say they were better than last time, and I didn't do too bad last time.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 052220151 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:28 pm

I just finished Parks and Rec and I'm looking for a new show. Should I dive right into House of Cards? I was planning on not studying tonight and eating a gyro and drinking beer, so this might be perfect.

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:32 pm

It's pretty good. I think the first couple episodes are a bit awkward compared to the rest (I cringed at the "like a shark loves blood" line, for those who've seen it), but once it hits its stride it's quite the suspenseful political drama.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:41 pm

HOC's is alrighttttt. Slightly overrated if you ask me but that just may be because of preferential reasons. It hasn't gotten me hooked like other shows have (Dexter, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead..) but it's definitely a show to start if you don't have any others in mind.

Fianna13

Bronze

Post by Fianna13 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:21 pm

it seems like everyone is so far ahead already, should I just not take the June test? i barely started studying, and I'm also working and taking a full load. Is there enough time for the June test?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:26 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:31 pm

rebexness wrote:
Fianna13 wrote:it seems like everyone is so far ahead already, should I just not take the June test? i barely started studying, and I'm also working and taking a full load. Is there enough time for the June test?
Depends on a lot of things.

How many hours can you devote to studying a week?
Have you taken this test before or is it your first time?
If retake, do you have a solid idea of where your weaknesses are?
Do you have your prep materials already? Have you taken a PT yet?
Agreed. Would also add if you have a goal, and how far away you are from that goal.

Most LSAT test takers take 3.5 months or less to study for this (courses at most are 15 weeks, etc.). It's definitely doable. But depends what you're looking for. As Rebex said, take a PT and then evaluate what you want. There are very few disadvantages of taking in October in terms of admission to law schools if you have your application ready to go. But you also don't get the potential retake until December if you don't score where you want to....

0913djp

Bronze

Post by 0913djp » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:57 pm

Just an update...
Gave up completely on Powerscore's LG Bible after receiving the Manhattan books over the weekend. These are MUCH better. At least for me, because of the constant reinforcement and easier explained solutions/answers to questions/problems/types.

I am six chapters in as of Sunday. Looking to continue mastering the logic games that aren't grouping. I have been getting at most -2 on most timed (8 mins or less) games I've done.

Should I be looking at LR and RC soon? I'll be away for a little over a week (nine days) but bringing my materials with me.

My LR is BAD, My RC is solid. Definitely could use improvement, either way.

bdeans91

New

Post by bdeans91 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:07 pm

How's everybody doing on RC?

This is how things have been shaking out for me. I've done my first 5 RC sections, timed, but divided by passage. So I will do a passage, time it, mark it, and repeat until the full section is done. Starting tomorrow I'm going to do them as full sections, timed but no limit. Then in March I'll be doing them timed w/ limit as full sections.

End of January diagnostic --> -10, timed 35m00
Feb 5 --> -8, 32m00
Feb 10 --> -6, 35m19
Feb 13 --> -2, 35m27 (kind of a fluke)
Feb 17 --> -4, 33m59
Feb 20 --> -4, 34m20

Today is the first day I used a strategy (Voyager's RC Guide, from this forum).

I personally hate RC. The number of LR questions and LG games I have done compared to RC sections are just completely disproportionate. It is also just my weakest area as I am more of an algorithmic/variable-based (as opposed to content-/knowledge-based) thinker.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

natashka85

Bronze

Post by natashka85 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:08 pm

weathercoins wrote:
rebexness wrote:
Fianna13 wrote:it seems like everyone is so far ahead already, should I just not take the June test? i barely started studying, and I'm also working and taking a full load. Is there enough time for the June test?
Depends on a lot of things.

How many hours can you devote to studying a week?
Have you taken this test before or is it your first time?
If retake, do you have a solid idea of where your weaknesses are?
Do you have your prep materials already? Have you taken a PT yet?
Agreed. Would also add if you have a goal, and how far away you are from that goal.

Most LSAT test takers take 3.5 months or less to study for this (courses at most are 15 weeks, etc.). It's definitely doable. But depends what you're looking for. As Rebex said, take a PT and then evaluate what you want. There are very few disadvantages of taking in October in terms of admission to law schools if you have your application ready to go. But you also don't get the potential retake until December if you don't score where you want to....

You realize that u are talking about people who don`t work and do only Lsat,unfortunately most people work and study ,that takes longer if they wanna score above 170 ,and most lsat takers don`t care which school they go,so they take the score they get and move .Its like there are so many litigation attorneys out there who don`t do a shit ,but they are ``attorneys`` and there are so few smart attorneys from the top ten who are very successful.

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Silver

Post by A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:19 pm

What the fuck shat in this thread?

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:23 pm

wut?

Eta: scooped by mamma mia.

The-Specs