So apparently my ID has a misprint... what can I do ?

M.M.

So apparently my ID has a misprint... what can I do ?

Postby M.M. » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Long story short, I just discovered my ID is missing one of the letters of my name... it's sort of discrete, but does anyone know how strict LSAC / the individual proctors are about this? LSAC mentions it multiple times on their site which scares me ...

It says to send them a fax requesting a change, but I've missed the deadline. Help please ...

VasaVasori

Postby VasaVasori » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:06 pm

Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North

Re: So apparently my ID has a misprint... what can I do ?

Postby North » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:14 pm

Ask the proctor how they're doing this morning after you hand them your ID. Also, make sure you step into line when it's most crowded.

Pretty much nothing else you can do.

Except withdraw. I think you have until midnight.

jato

Postby jato » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:21 pm

If you have a passport, grab that instead. Better safe than sorry. Otherwise, I believe it depends on how lenient the test center will be.

North

Postby North » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:47 pm

jato wrote:If you have a passport, grab that instead. Better safe than sorry. Otherwise, I believe it depends on how lenient the test center will be.

Good idea.

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:24 pm

Unfortunately, I don't have a passport ... think bringing a birth certificate, social security card, and multiple other forms of ID would be a good idea, in case they do notice?

mvpforme

Postby mvpforme » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:04 pm

M.M. wrote:Unfortunately, I don't have a passport ... think bringing a birth certificate, social security card, and multiple other forms of ID would be a good idea, in case they do notice?

Maybe.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:27 pm

M.M. wrote:Unfortunately, I don't have a passport ... think bringing a birth certificate, social security card, and multiple other forms of ID would be a good idea, in case they do notice?

The rules say it has to be an official government issued photo ID, so a birth certificate or social security card would not be accepted. If one of the other forms of ID you have are government issued (not a student ID or library card or work ID badge or whatever), bring it just in case.

Do you have a super long legal name with lots of vowels and consonants? If so and the typo is buried somewhere in the middle of a long name I doubt the check-in person will notice the typo unless you point it out.

Good luck, I hope you get let in to take the test.
Last edited by Jeffort on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”