Test-center complaints

lawschool2014hopeful

Test-center complaints

Postby lawschool2014hopeful » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:00 pm

I was wondering what are some of the benefits of a "successful" test-center complain? do you get a free re-write? a cancel without "cancellation"?

MarcusAurelius

Re: Test-center complaints

Postby MarcusAurelius » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:22 pm

DON'T GO TO TEST CENTER PLANNING TO FILE A COMPLAINT, ONLY GO TO A TEST CENTER WHERE YOU WOULD BE 100% HAPPY TAKING THE LSAT

lawschool2014hopeful

Postby lawschool2014hopeful » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:17 pm

Obviously wouldnt go to a shitty center on purpose. But I know there might be possibily be construction close to my test center (recent discovery). Just want to know what can I expect if there happens to be loud ass construction. I cant do well with noise.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:20 pm

jimmierock wrote:Obviously wouldnt go to a shitty center on purpose. But I know there might be possibily be construction close to my test center (recent discovery). Just want to know what can I expect if there happens to be loud ass construction. I cant do well with noise.

Best case scenario is they give you basically the equivalent of a doctors note, but instead of a doctor its from LSAC that you can show schools saying "hey, there was a prblem on test day which explains this score." At least that is my understanding of it but I literally have just heard baout it in passing and have done 0% research. In the event that I am wrong, then I am 99% sure they best thing they could do is just remove the score from your record, maybe pay for the chance to retake it.

Regardless I belive that is reserved for serious and unique things, which I would imagine construction does not qualify under unless like a wrecking ball came through your window in the middle of RC.

Honey_Badger

Postby Honey_Badger » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:30 am

They attach a note to your score (if you choose to keep it--if you cancel within the time frame, then nothing, it's just canceled).
You can also get a free retake even if you don't cancel, but yes, something like the equivalent of a wrecking ball THROUGH the window.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Honey_Badger wrote:They attach a note to your score (if you choose to keep it--if you cancel within the time frame, then nothing, it's just canceled).
You can also get a free retake even if you don't cancel, but yes, something like the equivalent of a wrecking ball THROUGH the window.

As opposed to just grazing it leaving creating a 30 minute long spiderweb effect.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:57 pm

TIL: get friend to smash wrecking ball through window while taking the LSAT

Honey_Badger

Postby Honey_Badger » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:37 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:TIL: get friend to smash wrecking ball through window while taking the LSAT

No windows in my room, so plan foiled. :|

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:38 pm

We did have construction right outside our window (literally, the noise was bogus, but nothing I wasn't prepared for). There was even a large crane. Having read this thread before the test, the majority of my free time was spent envisioning the crane smashing through the wall.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:01 pm

Guy sitting to my right had a case of the sniffles for an entire section.

You know when you have a water faucet that won't stop dripping, and it's the only sound in an otherwise dead silent environment?

It sucked ass.

I hope that sniffles guy did horribly.

Honey_Badger

Postby Honey_Badger » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:06 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Guy sitting to my right had a case of the sniffles for an entire section.

You know when you have a water faucet that won't stop dripping, and it's the only sound in an otherwise dead silent environment?

It sucked ass.

Compared to my last experience (see: Miami Talmudic) today was AWESOME as far as test center environment. Ten of us in a window-less room, each with our own table.
Except Typhoid Mary two seats behind me--seriously, if you have tuberculosis/whooping cough/croup, stay the fuck home.
Other than that, it rocked.

RCinDNA

Postby RCinDNA » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:27 pm

Man, I wish they would accept complaints for uncomfortable seating arrangements. I'm tall, so cramming into the lecture room seats at Georgetown U. was agonizing.

VasaVasori

Post removed.

Postby VasaVasori » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by VasaVasori on Sun May 10, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sabanist

Postby sabanist » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:37 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Guy sitting to my right had a case of the sniffles for an entire section.

It sucked ass.

I had a cold today, but I basically took the entire test with a tissue up each nostril so I wouldn't be THAT guy.
If it makes you feel better, he was probably a lot less happy about it than you were. Trying to focus while sick blows.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:00 pm

sabanist wrote:

It sucked ass.

I had a cold today, but I basically took the entire test with a tissue up each nostril so I wouldn't be THAT guy.
If it makes you feel better, he was probably a lot less happy about it than you were. Trying to focus while sick blows.

Yeah I feel sorry for the sick guy. It was probably worse for him considering he had the added level of potential embarrassment

Honey_Badger

Postby Honey_Badger » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:29 pm

VasaVasori wrote:
Honey_Badger wrote:

It sucked ass.

Compared to my last experience (see: Miami Talmudic) today was AWESOME as far as test center environment. Ten of us in a window-less room, each with our own table.
Except Typhoid Mary two seats behind me--seriously, if you have tuberculosis/whooping cough/croup, stay the fuck home.
Other than that, it rocked.

Rofl where did you take? I think that may have been me... I was sick :( I was at MDC Medical Testing Center.

Although I didn't think I was THAT bad... so probably not.

Naw, Vasa...it was a woman, and after last time, I had to trade the 305 for 954. ;)
She was like "hope my constant coughing isn't bothering you guys..."
And I was thinking, "Not at all...I find it quite soothing..."

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:32 pm

i'd cancel if i was sick to be honest

Ex Cearulo

Postby Ex Cearulo » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:51 pm

Is this a valid test center complaint to make to LSAC?...

Our test room was frigid. Not cool. Not cold. Not chilly. Frigid. As an estimate, I'd say high 50s, low 60s. I saw several people in the room (there were only about 20 of us) physically shivering all over. I was, also. The room was an auditorium with stadium seating and a big, industrial air conditioner in the back that never stopped blowing air the entire time we were in there.

Talking with people during the break and after the test, I learned that most of us had numb hands and literally had to make an extra effort at controlling our pencils as we bubbled in answers. And just about everyone (including me) was already wearing pants and sweatshirts or jackets...not like we all showed up in shorts and sandals. I know for me personally, I had trouble concentrating because I was shivering and my teeth were chattering.

To make matters worse, the test center officials at the school were aware of the temperature problem in the room at least since yesterday, because the assistant proctor said they tried to turn off the air yesterday but couldn't. So instead of moving the test to a different room, they just said, "oh, well." Also doesn't help that this test center is in South Georgia where we've had 90-100 degree highs for the last several months...makes a frigid room that much more of an extreme difference.

I feel like the environmentals in the room put all of us there at a serious disadvantage.

p.s. - Spare me the "don't be weak" comments. If it was just me, I'd say fine, valid. But it was most if not all of us.
Last edited by Ex Cearulo on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nolita Fairytale

Postby Nolita Fairytale » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:53 pm

The girl next to me kept coughing in the most annoying way only during my real LG section. I guess she figured her section was experimental/decided to write it off, because she put her head on the booklet and chilled for the last five to ten minutes. She didn't cough during any other section. So annoying. I'm not a violent person and I felt like strangling her.

sabanist

Postby sabanist » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:58 pm

HawgDriver wrote:Is this a valid test center complaint to make to LSAC?...

Our test room was frigid. Not cool. Not cold. Not chilly. Frigid. As an estimate, I'd say high 50s, low 60s. I saw several people in the room (there were only about 20 of us) physically shivering all over. I was, also. The room was an auditorium with stadium seating and a big, industrial air conditioner in the back that never stopped blowing air the entire time we were in there.

Talking with people during the break and after the test, I learned that most of us had numb hands and literally had to make an extra effort at controlling our pencils as we bubbled in answers. And just about everyone (including me) was already wearing pants and sweatshirts or jackets...not like we all showed up in shorts and sandals. I know for me personally, I had trouble concentrating because I was shivering and my teeth were chattering.

To make matters worse, the test center officials at the school were aware of the temperature problem in the room at least since yesterday, because the assistant proctor said they tried to turn off the air yesterday but couldn't. So instead of moving the test to a different room, they just said, "oh, well." Also doesn't help that this test center is in South Georgia where we've had 90-100 degree highs for the last several months...makes a frigid room that much more of an extreme difference.

I feel like the environmentals in the room put all of us there at a serious disadvantage.

p.s. - Spare me the "don't be a pussy" comments. If it was just me, I'd say fine, valid. But it was most if not all of us.

I would say it's worth mentioning. Worst case scenario, they disregard it. At least you tried.
I don't think 50s-60s being cold in south Georgia is being a pussy. I shiver while my car warms up when it's in that temperature range in the mornings recently (Alabamian here). There would be no way I'd be prepared to sit in those temperatures for 3-4 hours, and I wore jeans, long sleeves, and brought a jacket. I'd probably file a complaint too if it wasn't just me.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”