pt 56 - lr s3 #21

pt 56 - lr s3 #21

Postby 05062014 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:53 am

What does revival mean? If it means what I think it means, how can D be justified as being correct? Is it less wrong than the other answer choices? How can we assume ballroom dancing dissappeared and was restored from the stimulus.

This kinda relates to the pluto question in pt 65, where we were supposed to know that pluto has an orbit around the sun.

are these common sense assumptions that we should not hesitate making?

Re: pt 56 - lr s3 #21

Postby boblawlob » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:51 am

FYI: wrong question number posted in the title.

CyanIdes Of March

Re: pt 56 - lr s3 #21

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:15 am

I think you are taking it too literally, which I know can be easy to do in LR sections. In this context "revival" means brought back to popularity. G states that not many learned ballroom dancing in 80s and early 90s, but now they do. B retorts with "Some dances and other ballroom dances were learned in 95 and it became popular as a result". This doesn't explain what caused them to start learning the merengue or other ballroom dances, it doesn't explain what caused people to start learning them, just that they did. His answer really doesn't give any new vital information because of course more people learned after the early 90s if it is now learned by more people, he was suppose to tell us why.

So in this context revival means "grew in popularity again"

I didn't word that well but hope it helps. I recently took this test and I remember being a little tripped up on this question as well but that was my reasoning for figuring it out.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”