Save Full PTs or Steal LGs for Practice Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gspiel1232

New

Save Full PTs or Steal LGs for Practice

Post by gspiel1232 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:48 am

Do you guys think it would be more beneficial for me to start drilling the LGs from 61+ now?

I have yet to do the game and am saving the PTs for these last couple of weeks, but LG is actually my weakest (lets say most fluctuating) area. That being the case, I'm wondering if it would be to my benefit to just start drilling the hell out of these last 30 or so LGs as well.

cahwc12

Silver

Re: Save Full PTs or Steal LGs for Practice

Post by cahwc12 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:10 am

well you've already put yourself behind by saving the most useful PTs for the twilight hours of your prep, but I would definitely drill the hell out of the remaining games if that section is your weakness. Of course it will skew your score, but ask yourself this: would you rather have done the most recent games 3-5x each knowing that your PT scores might be slightly skewed because of it? Or would you rather do them in a rush at the end of your prep in PTs just before taking the real test?

How many litmus tests do you need to gauge your progress? You should be finding and eliminating weaknesses in your LSAT prep, not focusing on how high you can get your PT score on unseen material.

With just under 3 weeks to test day, you could take and repeat each of these PTs and drill the games in between.

gspiel1232

New

Post by gspiel1232 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:40 am

Yeah i tend to agree, although i thought it was common knowledge to save the newest PTs for this time....guess not

jonjon1324

New

Post by jonjon1324 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:40 pm

I really don't think I ever read anywhere on here that we shouldn't save those for last. In fact ,I think I constantly heard that they were easier and thus it'd be better to study older ones

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:43 pm

jonjon1324 wrote:I really don't think I ever read anywhere on here that we shouldn't save those for last. In fact ,I think I constantly heard that they were easier and thus it'd be better to study older ones
I generally hear the opposite. The older games were said to be less important to study because they are not classified by 'type' & the middle ones tend to rely on a few big inferences to plow through multiple questions whereas the newer ones rely on quickly brute forcing your way through each question with hypotheticals. But YMMV.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:48 pm

RCinDNA wrote:
jonjon1324 wrote:I really don't think I ever read anywhere on here that we shouldn't save those for last. In fact ,I think I constantly heard that they were easier and thus it'd be better to study older ones
I generally hear the opposite. The older games were said to be less important to study because they are not classified by 'type' & the middle ones tend to rely on a few big inferences to plow through multiple questions whereas the newer ones rely on quickly brute forcing your way through each question with hypotheticals. But YMMV.
This is basically correct. The older games aren't as 'standardized' as the newer ones. OP, with LG start with the older ones and move towards the newer tests. Make sure you redo every game at least once. Try and figure out different ways you can diagram the games and then determine which way is most efficient. Keep track of your efficient diagrams. LG is very repetitive.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”