samurai "mushin" technique for lsat? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gaucholaw

Bronze

samurai "mushin" technique for lsat?

Post by gaucholaw » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:31 pm

http://www.psychologytoday.com/collecti ... ng-so-much

Interesting article, I have found that during timed pt's I tend to go through the sections automatically, with a very limited amount of active thinking, the result imo is quicker reflexes and more conserved energy. Of course, i think the trick to this strategy is to be able to switch your brain back to conscious mode if you encounter any tricks that aren't standard such as an unusual type 5 lr or lg game.... anyways I'd be curious to know all of your thoughts

Bronze

Re: samurai "mushin" technique for lsat?

Post by 05062014 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:24 am

Lately, I have been the exact opposite of what I believe a samurai lsat taker might be. During LR sections I start talking to myself saying things like "why" or, "think you idiot." This helps me and I am sad that I cannot do this on the real test.

Cerebro

Bronze

Re: samurai "mushin" technique for lsat?

Post by Cerebro » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:26 am

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but somehow the idea of showing up at the test center and "just letting it happen" doesn't sound like a good recipe for success.

Maybe this technique is geared more toward physical activities like martial arts, sports, driving, watching TV, etc. that really don't require much actual though, unlike the LSAT, wherein thinking seems to be a central focus of what the test is attempting to measure.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”