My gains so far. Need further advice Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
josemnz83

New

My gains so far. Need further advice

Post by josemnz83 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:08 am

My diagnostic score at the beginning of June was a 153. I missed 5 on RC, 16 on LR, and 13 on LG. I purchased Velocity to help me out with the games section. Unfortunately that did not help me. Instead of giving up I began drilling games by type. During these past 4 weeks I worked on all games from PT 29 to PT 53. I did each game several times.

This weekend I took PT 58 and PT 59. My score was a 161 on both of them! :mrgreen: On each exam I only missed 4 games on the games section. I missed an average of 4 on RC and 16 on LR. I would like to get my LR to about -12 (6/section). Should I target the questions by type like I did for LG or is there any other method? Thanks for the feedback!

northwood

Platinum

Re: My gains so far. Need further advice

Post by northwood » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:26 pm

pick 15 LSAT tests, and dissect them by question type ( and sections)start out with question type. make 3 copies of each question. first copy just identify the premise conclusion and main point. then identify what the answer choices are saying, and how they relate to the conclusion.
second pass, try to narrow down the answer choices to 2
third pass, answer the question correctly and explain why the other choices are wrong, and why the correct one is right.

when you do this, do this untimed. then when you are done, try to do 10- 15 in a row, giving yourself 2-4 minutes per question.

You can do this for LG and RC, just amend the question types, and give yourslef a bit more time to answer the question.

josemnz83

New

Post by josemnz83 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Thanks!

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:24 am

If you are going -5 on RC (and still have time to go), I think you could/should set a goal of better than -12 for the 2 LG's. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”