Came up with a Great Idea- The GambLSAT

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Came up with a Great Idea- The GambLSAT

Postby DaRascal » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:33 am

After you get your score back, LSAC should give you the option of answering one brand new question in exactly 1 minute and 30 seconds to replace a question you got wrong in LR.

This obviously wouldn't work for LG or RC unless LSAC wanted to make a game or a passage to answer only one question. An LR stimulus is much shorter and would require much less work.


Anyway the idea is that every LSAT taker has the option of answering this brand new question. If they choose to exercise this option and they get the question right, that correct answer will replace a wrong answer in the corresponding section thus increasing the raw score by 1 point. If the person gets it wrong, that wrong answer will replace a correct answer (replacing a correct answer for the same question type) thus costing the test taker a raw score point.


So someone who has a 168 (for example) before exercising their GambLSAT option could get a 169 if they get the GambLSAT question correct or a 167 if they get it wrong. (This of course all depends on the curve)


What do you guys think? :D

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4167
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Came up with a Great Idea- The GambLSAT

Postby Clearly » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:02 am

I would do it in a heartbeat. I would wager 3 to 1 in fact.

User avatar
bdeebs
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: Came up with a Great Idea- The GambLSAT

Postby bdeebs » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:08 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:I would do it in a heartbeat. I would wager 3 to 1 in fact.


It could be like a reverse Deal or No Deal where you lay the odds and the testmakers can decide whether they want to take your bet.

User avatar
Noblesse_Oblige
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: Came up with a Great Idea- The GambLSAT

Postby Noblesse_Oblige » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:48 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:I would do it in a heartbeat. I would wager 3 to 1 in fact.



You say that now, until they decide to test new question types on you lol

However I like this idea as long as the question isn't a Parallel one

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4193
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Came up with a Great Idea- The GambLSAT

Postby Br3v » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:52 am

bdeebs wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:I would do it in a heartbeat. I would wager 3 to 1 in fact.


It could be like a reverse Deal or No Deal where you lay the odds and the testmakers can decide whether they want to take your bet.



*Ring Ring Ring*

LSAC is calling, let's see what he offers.....

4 RAW POINTS!

....

No Deal!

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Came up with a Great Idea- The GambLSAT

Postby DaRascal » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:22 pm

I'd be really scared to do it. :cry:

User avatar
S-IV
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Came up with a Great Idea- The GambLSAT

Postby S-IV » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:25 pm

I think the GambLSAT question's conditions need to be discussed. Maybe you could wager more points if you completed the problem under difficult conditions. Say, on a rollercoaster?

User avatar
GirlStop
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:49 am

Re: Came up with a Great Idea- The GambLSAT

Postby GirlStop » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:34 pm

DaRascal,

You are definitely my favorite poster, this post made me laugh out loud and forced me online. Lmaoo thank you for the Lols.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Came up with a Great Idea- The GambLSAT

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:35 pm

DaRascal wrote:I'd be really scared to do it. :cry:


THIS is what made me actually LOL.

User avatar
fronkman
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 10:24 pm

Re: Came up with a Great Idea- The GambLSAT

Postby fronkman » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:43 pm

I don't like that you are playing with raw score points unless they show you the conversion chart first. One plus point may not raise your reported score but one minus could lower it.

User avatar
Noitaraperp
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: Came up with a Great Idea- The GambLSAT

Postby Noitaraperp » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:47 pm

This could help people who really want to hit a certain benchmark or else retake, but a one point difference shouldn't really change at that much I'm thinking, unless it's like 169 to 170, which psychologically seems like a bigger change.

Also, I'm not sure how fair it would be, seeing as how some people who are extremely strong in LR and got -0 would gain no benefit (and same for the people whose scaled scores equate to more than one raw score).

Funny idea though :lol:

User avatar
RodionRaskolnikov
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Came up with a Great Idea- The GambLSAT

Postby RodionRaskolnikov » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:35 pm

Noblesse_Oblige wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:I would do it in a heartbeat. I would wager 3 to 1 in fact.



You say that now, until they decide to test new question types on you lol

However I like this idea as long as the question isn't a Parallel one


Hahaha I thought the same! You flip the page and there's a new question type with an extra long stimulus.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Came up with a Great Idea- The GambLSAT

Postby Tom Joad » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:42 pm

darsacal's ban is up?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest