Gone over both bibles....now what?

Gone over both bibles....now what?

Postby LionelHutzJD » Wed May 30, 2012 2:09 pm

I'm pretty much done with both bibles, may have skipped a section here or there but for the most part i went through them. What's my next step? Should I start drilling right away? Thanks.

Re: Gone over both bibles....now what?

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed May 30, 2012 2:21 pm

Do 1 PT to gauge your progress. Then drill according to which section is your 'weakest link'.

First drill for accuracy (untimed). Then once you have a high accuracy, drill for time. Once you've drilled the shit out of all the sections and you're getting near-100% accuracy under the allotted time, THEN move on to PTs.

Start by doing 5 section PTs (use really old sections as the extra section) timed normally, work until you're comfortable with 35 minute sections, then cut the sections down to 30 minutes. Try to maximize the similarities between your PT and the actual test (do it outside your house, have someone proctor, do it at the same time of day, don't give yourself extra breaks).

Don't forget to review every PT that you take VERY THOROUGHLY. Go over each q you got wrong and ask yourself these questions:

1) Why was my answer wrong?
2) Why was TCR correct?
3) Did the LSAT writers employ any 'tricks' to get me to choose the wrong answer?
4) How can I avoid falling for such 'tricks' in the future?

Best of luck! I hope you kill it on the LSAT :)

Postby bmore_md » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:17 pm

When you say drill, what do you mean? Just take individual sections from PT's?

Is it a good idea to save PT's so that they are brand new when you see them? For instance, take sections from tests which were partially used in the bibles?

Postby automaticfortheppl » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:10 pm

Long time lurker, first post.

I'm kind of in the same boat. Did the LG bible back in January and haven't touched LSAT until about a week and a half ago and am finishing the LR bible today. Since I picked LSAT back up I've been taking PT's daily alternating between setting the timer at 40 minutes one day and the 35 minutes the next day. I've gone up about 7 points since I started that.

This coming week my plan is to review LG's hard on Monday and look over a strategic reading packet I borrowed from a friend's Kaplan course that same day. Additionally, I'll hit PT's daily from today until next Saturday and will be doing two on Tuesday.

I'll probably be going over the Assumption chapter again as well because I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to correctly do that negation technique to prove your answer choice is correct.

That's my plan at least...if any of you have any suggestions/comments/etc I'd appreciate them.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”