Manhattan LSAT method for grouping games

Manhattan LSAT method for grouping games

Postby 03152016 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:08 am

Last edited by 03152016 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Re: Manhattan LSAT method for grouping games

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:16 pm

Max324 wrote:Just started Manhattan LSAT's LG strategy guide; any thoughts on their method for in/out grouping games? Creating a diagram helps me to find the inferences, but it can get unruly when dealing with many constraints. I find the PowerScore method to be less intuitive when setting up, but clearer when attacking the questions. Which do you guys prefer?

Obviously, I'm a fan of our method, but know that the Logic Chain can take some getting used to. I've noticed that a lot of people that are dabbling in multiple approaches try to figure out whether the Chain is useful before they've mastered it. (I can't tell if you're in this boat though). In the end, as someone mentioned in another thread on this, our diagram for these games is simply a slick way of writing out the rules so that the inferences are clearer (and this person had written that the strongest game players are fine w/o any diagram--which is probably true for most every game). If you're finding it unruly, make sure you're reordering the rules. Also, feel free to write any crazy compound rules to the side and put asterisks to remind yourself when to look over.

However, if you find a different approach to work better for you, go for it! I'd probably suggest you figure out when you find which system most useful so you can switch on the fly.

Flexibility>This or that approach.

Good luck, and feel free to pm me with other questions.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”