Tampa area LSAT Test Center Reviews Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
MLBrandow

Bronze

Tampa area LSAT Test Center Reviews

Post by MLBrandow » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:41 am

Does anyone have a review of any of the following test centers? (updating with info I've obtained from emails/internet)

University of South Florida
Florida Southern College
Hillsborough Community College - South Shore
Eckerd College
USF Sarasota/Manatee Campus

Thanks for any input.

Florida Southern College
- I emailed a Q&A to the test center coordinator:
How many students will the test center allow? 150

Do you know if there is any construction scheduled for the surrounding area in June or currently under way? No, not that I know of.

How big are the desks and how much desk space is there? We use either 6 foot tables with one examinee or 8 foot tables with two examinees.

What kind of room is the test administered in (class room, lecture hall, etc)? We use several rooms, either classrooms or lecture halls. There is no way to know ahead of time what room you will be in.

followup:
How many students do you typically get for an LSAT administration? Do you often reach the maximum, or is it often half full or something like that? It is hard to tell in advance. It often depends on how many students come to us because USF or UCF are full.

Is there any way to improve my chance at getting a classroom seat rather than a lecture hall seat for the administration? No, not really. It would be best to be prepared for any situation.
Eckerd College
- Ranked 319/323 for sites to take the MCAT at (which is the same test center that proctors the LSAT) link
- Reviewed as 6/10 with 30-mins late proctors and construction noises in addition to risk of tiny desks. link (LinkRemoved)
Last edited by MLBrandow on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElCoqui

New

Re: Tampa area LSAT Test Center Reviews

Post by ElCoqui » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:59 am

I have taken the LSAT at USF Tampa and at USF St. Pete. The only real difference was desk size and chairs. Tampa had the little desks and not much space to put your stuff and my pencils kept falling and the chairs are connected to the desks. St. Pete had large tables where you could really spread out and the chairs were super comfortable. I know proctors are random and like a lottery but in my experience in St. Pete they seemed to not know the rules and students had to correct them but Tampa knew exactly what was going on so it went smoother.

Ronburgandy2468

New

Post by Ronburgandy2468 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:05 am

Yeah so Tampa loses LSAT test papers.

sums

New

Post by sums » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Took it both at USF sarasota (in the summer) and at another site (my UG campus). USF was AMAZING. Everyone was so sweet and cheerful yet professional, the rooms were perfectly set up, there were massive rectangular tables split between two people so I had an excess of room, there was never any talking or disruptions from the proctors, etc. When I retook, it was a nightmare: the proctors didn't even show up or begin until 930pm, there weren't enough rooms for the last 100 people so we waited literally another hour then walked across campus to another building, they kicked out probably 25% of people for their pictures/dress code/etc, the desks were sooo tiny. it was absolutely horrendous. if I could do it over again, I would have gone back to USF. PM me for more details

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”