Prep test 61 RC...

170hopeful

Prep test 61 RC...

Postby 170hopeful » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:02 am

Hey everyone,

I took PT 61 yesterday, and destroyed sections 2 and 3... but section 1 RC totally obliterated me. I don't know what the hell I was doing, but I somehow managed to get only 9/27 correct. Was this section of RC unusually hard or am I missing something? I wasn't able to give the last passage more than a quick read, but I totally screwed the rest of the section up. Killed my confidence. What to do?

HellOnHeels

Re: Prep test 61 RC...

Postby HellOnHeels » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:14 am

Do you normally miss that many? If not, call it a fluke. If so, there's not much you can do about it the day before the test (I am assuming you are taking tomorrow?...)

Try not to stress the day before the test. You want to be relaxed and confident in yourself.

Good luck!

upandup

Postby upandup » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:37 pm

Personally I think it was a little harder. I've been PTing with all the most recent tests the last two weeks, and have been typically about -2 in RC (a couple -3 and -4). On PT 61, however, I got a -7. For me there were some tricky answer choices in there, especially in the comparative section. Chalk it up to a fluke. Took one last test yesterday and was back up to -2, so it's all good. Don't let one bad section throw your confidence before tomorrow. There's always going to be that chance (in fact, I'd say, it's probably likely) that you're going to get a particularly difficult section out of the five on the test, you just have to fight through it, do the best you can, and most importantly don't let it affect you in the following sections.

ExcelBaller

Postby ExcelBaller » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:56 pm

This RC was really hard for me. I'm usually -5 to -7 on RC but went -16 on this one! Ended up with a 163, not good for confidence the day before the test.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”