Limited time until Dec LSAT, what should I focus on? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Betharl

Bronze

Limited time until Dec LSAT, what should I focus on?

Post by Betharl » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:52 pm

The last 1.5 months I have mainly been focusing on drilling LG. For every preptest past 9 or so, I have done most linear games x3, grouping x2, linear/grouping combo x2, and rare games at least once. I have also gone through the LR bible and have a pretty solid grasp on conditional reasoning, although I skimmed the chapter on formal logic and probably need to review that. I haven't really done any RC studying.

Besides my diagnostic I have not really taken any practice tests, except for SuperPrep A, which I took today and got a 169 (-0 LR, -4RC, -3LG, - 4LR). I was pretty surprised by the -0 and -3, I would have expected the scroes to be flipped (think I was screwing around on LG cause I thought it would be easy). I had pretty bad mental fatigue by the start of the fourth section (I did not add a fifth "practice section" but I didn't take a break after any of the sections either).

I want to take the Dec LSAT cause I don't want to be completely shut out of this cycle even though I won't be 100% ready. But given what I have done so far and where I am at, what should I focus on? Maybe just practice tests and drilling LR? Which LR question types are usually considered the most difficult? I have Kaplan Mastery so I can drill by question type no problem. I will probably attempt to make it through the RC Bible too, although I hear it doesn't help much.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Re: Limited time until Dec LSAT, what should I focus on?

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:52 pm

Probably best that you take another diagnostic and see which question types give you the most trouble and take it from there. You can download our LSAT tracker from this page:http://www.manhattanlsat.com/training-center.cfm (just scroll down to lsat tracker). You could use any LSAT from PT46-63, or june 07.

iamrobk

Bronze

Post by iamrobk » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Do another PT or 2 to get a better idea of where your strongest/weakest, and I would spend the most time on your weakest section, and most of the rest of your time on your strongest (to get as close to -0 as possible). Just my own thoughts, though.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:54 pm

I would probably focus on taking practice tests and fully reviewing them. When your score is at ~170, it's more about learning not to fall for some of the tricks than a basic understanding of the material. Going -0 on an LR section makes me think you know the strategies and methods, and -4 on RC makes me think you need more practice there.

So practice tests, but spend at least a few hours reviewing each one to figure out where you went wrong, how they tricked you, and how you can spot that trick if they throw it at you again in the future.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”