October or December?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:04 pm

October or December?

Postby stinkygpa » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:26 pm

Hey Y'all,

I really wish I could stop posting and get on with my life but I would really like you guys' honest opinions.

Currently, I'm registered for the October LSAT but today I took PT 63 and got a pathetic 165... This is the score I received back in April after I started studying in March. Needless to say, I've hit the high's of 173 before (which hasn't happened for the last week or two) and I'm thinking whether I should take the test in Octoer or study more and take it in December. Did I hit the limit? Is 165 my designated natural score?

I was registered for the June test too but I scored 166 the week before the test so I decided to not show up. And I really can't believe that it's happening again, especially after I've taken about 40 PT's. I am very distraught and would really appreciate some help.


Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:37 pm

Re: October or December?

Postby tng11 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:52 pm

Last edited by tng11 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.


Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: October or December?

Postby adagio15 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:03 pm

I'm in a veeeery similar position as you. I just got a 162 on the PT 63 :evil: but I've been scoring in the upper 160s on the other PTs that I've taken, managing to hit 174 a couple days ago. Seeing the 162 was a huge downer, because now I just feel so inconsistent.

I'd like to think I'm able to average in the upper 160s, but I'd really like to be more confident in being able to score in the 170s on test day. I only have around 5 or 6 untouched PTs left.. debating if I should lay off the LSAT for a couple weeks, then come back to studying for the December test.

Maybe 63 was just a fluke for both of us? :(

In general, do y'all think it's better to wait until one can score consistently in the 170s before tackling test day if the goal is to score in 170s? Or is it better to just go for it and take my chances while I'm scoring in the upper 160s?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests