LSAT Test Center Changed Advice

ADurantas

LSAT Test Center Changed Advice

Postby ADurantas » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:22 pm

I registered to take the October LSAT on Staten Island where I live, but LSAC decided to change my center site to New York Law School in Manhattan. It would take me about 2 hours of traveling on the bus and train to get their and that alone would cause a great deal of stress. I did slightly worse than I hoped on the June LSAT because I was feeling massively stressed (I took the test in Brooklyn which was an hour away). I wanted to reduce my stress and drive a close distance to the test center and take the test. Now with the center change I would need to wake up at about 4:30 and take buses and trains to Manhattan. This is obviously not the ideal low stress situation. Should I postpone the test to December, or do you guys have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

AntipodeanPhil

Re: LSAT Test Center Changed Advice

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Get a hotel within walking distance of New York Law School. It won't be cheap, but it will be worth it. Even a 1 point improvement on the LSAT is worth much more than the $150 or so a hotel would cost.

I had to drive for about an hour through some serious traffic to my test center in June, and - in hinesight - I think I would have been better to get a hotel. The driving only made me a little stressed, but, on LSAT day, adding even a little stress is too much.

Also, I believe it costs about as much money, if not more, to postpone the test.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”