analog wristwatches

seancris

analog wristwatches

Postby seancris » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:48 pm

This might be a dumb question, but I figured I might as well clear it up for myself before test day.

Looking at the sizes of desks at certain testing centers, it seems a bit unreasonable to keep your analog wristwatch on the desk considering that you need to have your test forms, etc. on the desk as well.

Are you not allowed to wear your wristwatch... well... on your wrist? The instructions say that you can have one on your desk but I don't really get why one would put it on the desk if one was allowed to wear it.

Can we wear them or does it have to be on the desk?

RaleighStClair

Re: analog wristwatches

Postby RaleighStClair » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:56 pm

seancris

Postby seancris » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:24 pm

There's no such thing as an original thought, I guess. Thanks! :lol:

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:27 pm

I'm sure there are weird proctors out there who will insist on one or the other, despite it not being specified in the rules, but I actually had both. One watch on the table, which I set to 11:27 before each section (so 33 minutes would count down to 12:00, and then I had 2 minutes of bonus time), and one on my wrist that had the actual time.

RaleighStClair

Postby RaleighStClair » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:51 pm

I have thoughts. I just had already written them down on a previous thread. I agree with you though. I'm taking it in a room with small desks, and if I couldn't wear it on my wrist, I'd be really screwed.
Where in the instructions does it say you're allowed to have one "on your desk"? That's kind of disconcerting.

citykitty

Postby citykitty » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:06 pm

I think the rules actually state that one of the few items allowed on the desk is an analog watch (along with pencils, sharpener, eraser), not that that's the only place an analog watch is allowed to be.

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:39 pm

citykitty wrote:I think the rules actually state that one of the few items allowed on the desk is an analog watch (along with pencils, sharpener, eraser), not that that's the only place an analog watch is allowed to be.

If (on desk) then (analog wristwatch)

That doesn't preclude the possibility of a watch being worn on the wrist.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”