Need to cut LG speed in half Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Paraflam

Bronze

Need to cut LG speed in half

Post by Paraflam » Thu May 12, 2011 11:37 pm

Recently started studying using Pithypike's method. Not sitting for the real test until next June but I'm trying to get an early start. I am currently working through Balanced Linear games, and although I have scored -0 on all the individual linear games I have taken so far, I have averaged ~15 minutes per game. If time were called at the 8:45 mark, I would only be getting 3-4 questions correct per game, if that. Plus these are the beginner types of games; if they were more complex I would only get slower.

Is it typical, with practice, to be able to cut the time you take to complete games in half or more? The questions that slow me down are ones where it seems like the only option is "trial and error" on each answer choice. It gets me the correct answer, but takes far too much time. Am I approaching these questions the wrong way already?

Thanks in advance!

jtemp320

Bronze

Re: Need to cut LG speed in half

Post by jtemp320 » Thu May 12, 2011 11:47 pm

try taking games you've already done on a PT and redoing them slowly perfectly. Then put them aside for a day and do them with double time still going for accuracy. Check what you did wrong or how you could have been more efficient. Then do them again at regular speed, more then once if needed until you do the game accurately and efficiently. Later go back to that game and do it one more time.

Sounds crazy but helped me with speed and confidence and the lessons I learned about where I wasted time carried over to games I'd never seen before.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”