Chicagoland LSAT prep -- any interest in free classes? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Chicago_LSAT

New

Chicagoland LSAT prep -- any interest in free classes?

Post by Chicago_LSAT » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:49 pm

Hey TLS-ers

I'm an applicant for the 2011 cycle after being very successful on the LSAT (mid-170s). Anyways, right now I'm in the process of choosing a school (between a HYS and a CCN with $)(this is not my normal TLS account). I tutor standardized tests in the Chicago area and I wanted to gage the interest of having free group sessions in Chicago. I was thinking either reviewing one type of logic games or logical reasoning per session or having an open discussion about one preptest that everybody takes ahead of time.

Now, I know this sounds sort of ridiculous and scam-y, so let me explain my reasoning:

--I didn't have the money to do any fancy LSAT prep and felt very disadvantaged compared to friends who were able to invest a ton of money into classes and such. Frankly, studying for the LSAT doesn't HAVE to be expensive, and I did just fine without outside help, but I wish there were more chances for learning that didn't cost a bajillion dollars.
--I love tutoring and teaching, but will be most likely be leaving Chicago in August so I want to do what I can without taking on a bunch of private clients and then leaving before the October test.
--Though (and here's the advantage for me, those econ majors out there who are wondering about opportunity cost) if any of you liked my teaching style enough that you wanted to arrange for private or small-group sessions, I'd be happy to accommodate that at my normal tutoring rate (PM me for it. It's reasonable). However, I want to emphasize that this isn't my goal with broaching the subject of classes. Frankly, taking the LSAT and applying to law school is an ordeal -- we gotta stick together and help each other.

So, any interest?

naijagirl90

New

Re: Chicagoland LSAT prep -- any interest in free classes?

Post by naijagirl90 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:06 pm

Hey! I am definitely interested. Live in the South loop but can meet up downtown.
Let me know!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”