February LSAT Takers: Actual Score vs. Expected. Now What?

cmob

February LSAT Takers: Actual Score vs. Expected. Now What?

Postby cmob » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:57 am

No, the scores are not out yet, don't go check. (You just did anyway)

Getting this ready for the inevitable blow up this weekend when we all get our emails. What did you get, and was it better or worse than what you thought? Be sure to include the neurotic analysis of your performance up to the grade release, as well as the long-winded breakdown of why you think your score was the same/different than predicted. For low scores, consider this your vent thread for the drunk and lonely weekend.

Finally, what will you do now with this score? Will you finally feel comfortable with that ED to UVA, or are you now trying to find a way to classify yourself as a URM? Throw in some GPA numbers and maybe we can give out advice of whether to retake or be happy.

Enjoy.

abby3211

Re: February LSAT Takers: Actual Score vs. Expected. Now What?

Postby abby3211 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:23 pm

you are stressing me out WAY too early about all this! haha

handlesthetruth

Postby handlesthetruth » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Last edited by handlesthetruth on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

cmob

Postby cmob » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:29 pm

abby3211 wrote:you are stressing me out WAY too early about all this! haha

Yes, it is insanely early for a thread like this, but my roommates have started to ignore my perpetual LSAT ramble so I need to force conversation on this board to calm me down.

Kurst

Postby Kurst » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:04 pm

cmob wrote:my roommates have started to ignore my perpetual LSAT ramble so I need to force conversation on this board to calm me down.

If the "forced conversation" is insufficient to pacify your mind, revisit previous generations of anxious test takers:

POLL: How accurate was your score prediction?
LSAT Score/Assumptions/Results
Previous LSAT Takers -Did Your Score Match Test Day Feelings

And if you're curious how reliably preptest scores predict actual LSAT scores: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=130660#p3451805

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:37 pm

cmob wrote:

Yes, it is insanely early for a thread like this, but my roommates have started to ignore my perpetual LSAT ramble so I need to force conversation on this board to calm me down.

You're setting yourself up for a long week of being anxious thinking through every possible best and worst case scenario while trying to replay in your mind how test day went over and over again. That doesn't sound like a way to have a good happy week!

Maybe you should kill some time with some sort of distractions/diversions. You could watch and catch up with the back episodes of that NBC show The Event, it's finally back with two new episodes next Monday night. The show got pretty good over the last several episodes.

lolol10

Postby lolol10 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:40 pm

3.6 t20 ug
160s

pupshaw

Postby pupshaw » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:52 pm

Jeffort wrote:
cmob wrote:

You're setting yourself up for a long week of being anxious thinking through every possible best and worst case scenario while trying to replay in your mind how test day went over and over again. That doesn't sound like a way to have a good happy week!

Maybe you should kill some time with some sort of distractions/diversions. You could watch and catch up with the back episodes of that NBC show The Event, it's finally back with two new episodes next Monday night. The show got pretty good over the last several episodes.

Shameless crappy TV trolling.

cmob

Postby cmob » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:18 pm

Jeffort wrote:
cmob wrote:

Too late, I already went through this analysis repeatedly, starting with a day after the test. The papers on my desk are scribbled with hundreds of "LR RC LR LG" with a bunch of -1,-2,-3,-4's under them, repeatedly adding them up and estimating the curve. I quantified the values of my Oct LSAT in terms of personal test difficulty, expected outcome/mood and actual outcome, compared that equation to this (estimating specific test difficulty) and tried to solve for x (actual outcome). Imagine the variable fluctuations with that one. Instead of The Event I should probably be watching Intervention and taking notes.

Just let me create my threads, ok?!?!?

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:17 pm

cmob wrote:
Jeffort wrote:
cmob wrote:

Too late, I already went through this analysis repeatedly, starting with a day after the test. The papers on my desk are scribbled with hundreds of "LR RC LR LG" with a bunch of -1,-2,-3,-4's under them, repeatedly adding them up and estimating the curve. I quantified the values of my Oct LSAT in terms of personal test difficulty, expected outcome/mood and actual outcome, compared that equation to this (estimating specific test difficulty) and tried to solve for x (actual outcome). Imagine the variable fluctuations with that one. Instead of The Event I should probably be watching Intervention and taking notes.

Just let me create my threads, ok?!?!?

lol

Wow, you've gone pretty hard core with your test day analysis and already went past the point of no return so I guess there is no stopping you from seeing it through, Carry on soldier! I hope you get good news on Friday at ~5:42pm EST (that's my random guess about when you'll get your score email!).

Just make sure not to press the refresh button with too much force each time, your mouse and keyboard will thank you for using a gentle touch when you hit the rapid fire refresh every minute phase on Thursday!

Seriously though, for sanity purposes watch some TV or movies, we don't want you going all Charlie Sheen on the world! lol

cerealdan wrote:
Shameless crappy TV trolling.

The Event is actually a decent show that got me hooked, I've been patiently waiting for it to come back for months now. Not trying to TV troll, I just want to know what those aliens are going to do next! Stargate Universe starts back up again soon too! I like sci-fi shows that have a decent story.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”