LSAT Registration Question

BruceDenton

LSAT Registration Question

Postby BruceDenton » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:47 pm

Small dilemma I have regarding LSAT registration:

I'm a current junior and would like to apply next cycle to matriculate in Fall '12. I'm planning on taking the LSAT this June. However, I'm not sure whether I will be on the east coast or west coast during the test date. Additionally, I have only done a little prep so far (a cold diagnostic test and reading through a book) and am not sure I am ready to take it in June (might want the summer to prep more). I have read, however, that the June LSAT fills up early. I just checked on LSAC's website, and almost all the locations near both places I'd be are still available as of now.

Question: If I sign up, can I decide later not to take the test, and not have this show up on my application? Like say I decide in April not to take it anymore.

Am I just being ridiculous in being worried about having to sign up this early? Sorry, I'm new at this.

99.9luft

Re: LSAT Registration Question

Postby 99.9luft » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:48 pm

yes, you can reschedule up to a month (the exact dates are listed on LSAC.org) of the upcoming test. If you reschedule or cancel altogether, it will not show up on your record.

BruceDenton

Postby BruceDenton » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:50 pm

Thank you, that was very helpful. I'll go ahead an register for both "coasts" and decide later.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:04 pm

hmmm, not sure if LSAC allows multiple simultaneous registrations. Give them a call (you can always register by phone too).

BruceDenton

Postby BruceDenton » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:11 pm

I'll look into that, thanks.

How much later than now do you think I could still get a spot? Both places I'd be have several testing locations if that helps.

Also, if I sign up for June and cancel ahead of time, do I get a refund / am I able to use that money for a later test date?

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:01 pm

BruceDenton wrote:I'll look into that, thanks.

How much later than now do you think I could still get a spot? Both places I'd be have several testing locations if that helps.

Also, if I sign up for June and cancel ahead of time, do I get a refund / am I able to use that money for a later test date?

you should get a spot if you register in march. April/May is pushing it. Depending on the timeframe, there may or may not be a fee associated with canceling and rescheduling.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:03 pm

Uhhm, for registration dates, deadlines, fees and procedures, there is always the go-to source that is chock full of correct answers: LSAC!

http://www.lsac.org/JD/LSAT/test-dates-deadlines.asp

http://www.lsac.org/JD/LSAT/test-dates-us-june11.asp

http://www.lsac.org/JD/LSAT/lsat-fees.asp#u11-12

However, nobody here or at LSAC can give you a reliable answer about when particular test centers will fill up or when you will be ready to take the test since the future is yet to be determined. :wink:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”