Best Online Test Prep?

TRex77

Best Online Test Prep?

Postby TRex77 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:02 pm

So there are a whole bunch of "Best test prep classes" but I havnt found a best online test prep thread.

Anyone taken the online class? I cannot take an in person class unfortunately bc of the location of my school :/

Also, I have the most problems on the logic games, so probably would want to go with whatever prep teaches this the best.

I have narrowed it down to:

BluePrint (videos look good, especially for conceptualizing logic games)
PowerScore
TestMasters

Other suggestions?

Thanks!

northwood

Re: Best Online Test Prep?

Postby northwood » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:54 pm

princeton review has a hyperlearning online course. might want to look into it.

JRDallas11

Postby JRDallas11 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:54 pm

Can't speak to Powerscore or Testmasters, but I just took Blueprint's online course and I thought it was great. I started studying using the Bibles and then decided to take a Kaplan course. Big mistake since their teaching methods don't compliment each other. At all. But Blueprint's teaching methods are similar to the Bible's so I found it helpful.

But the biggest help, in my opinion, was the homework they plan out for your after each lesson. It's ridiculously comprehensive and took me about 3 to 5 hours to complete the homework after each lesson. But it was the repetitive drilling that helped me out the most for the question types I had been struggling with (strengthen, weaken, flaw). And it helps build your stamina to the point that a 5 section LSAT doesn't seem like such a big deal.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Blueprint. Good luck.

Edit - I don't have my Feb score back yet, so I'll hopefully be able to revisit this post and confirm that the course helped.

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Atlas is great. I believe that their online class gives you access to the games intensive recordings as well. Personally I am doing the self study which gives you access to recordings of all the online classes (12 full class sessions, games intensive sessions, and all the prep materials) for roughly $400. It's the best value in test prep imo.

JG7773

Postby JG7773 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:55 pm

dextermorgan wrote:Atlas is great. I believe that their online class gives you access to the games intensive recordings as well. Personally I am doing the self study which gives you access to recordings of all the online classes (12 full class sessions, games intensive sessions, and all the prep materials) for roughly $400. It's the best value in test prep imo.

+1

clone22

Postby clone22 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:59 pm

feel free to remove this post if i'm somehow violating user rules, but googling for "lsat torrent" should give you all the material you need .....

Kurst

Postby Kurst » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:01 am

TRex77

Postby TRex77 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:05 am

dextermorgan wrote:Atlas is great. I believe that their online class gives you access to the games intensive recordings as well. Personally I am doing the self study which gives you access to recordings of all the online classes (12 full class sessions, games intensive sessions, and all the prep materials) for roughly $400. It's the best value in test prep imo.

that is a great price!! I will look into it.

This is really overwhelming. There are so many options and a lot of them look great! Is it one of those things where you just gotta pick one and go for it?

bp colin

Postby bp colin » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:06 am

One other thing worth considering with us (Blueprint) is that in addition to the videos for every single lesson, there are hours and hours of video explanations for homework questions, so you can have your questions answered immediately. Also, there's an email helpline for anything else, and there's no limit to the number of questions you can ask. I can answer any questions you might have about Blueprint, just shoot me a PM if you have any.

TRex77

Postby TRex77 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:16 pm

bp colin wrote:One other thing worth considering with us (Blueprint) is that in addition to the videos for every single lesson, there are hours and hours of video explanations for homework questions, so you can have your questions answered immediately. Also, there's an email helpline for anything else, and there's no limit to the number of questions you can ask. I can answer any questions you might have about Blueprint, just shoot me a PM if you have any.

thanks a lot. i have decided to go with Blueprint. I will also be taking the LSAT in october so it is very nice that I can buy it now and have access to the material til then!

iacedthelsat

Postby iacedthelsat » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:45 pm

If price is an issue, then I'd look into LSAT Freedom.

citykitty

Postby citykitty » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:57 pm

I'm doing BP. Loving it. The explanations are awesome, and the videos are amusing enough to keep me focused. For the logic games (which was my worst section by far on the diagnostic), I went from getting about 35% right on my diagnostic test to getting 100% right on the HW. The HW is massive, so make sure to have time for it, but it's really great for putting the concepts into practice. Also, it's cheaper than the PR online course.

ArthurDigbySellers

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:56 pm

I thought PowerScore online was excellent. I wrote a short post about it here. Don't have much else to say, but if anyone has a burning desire for more info, feel free to PM me: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=150514&p=4177159#p4177159

The books you get are (obviously) the Bibles on steroids.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”