June or October test date?

HarveyBirdman

June or October test date?

Postby HarveyBirdman » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:24 pm

I am coming into the LSAT prep late in the game. I just ordered a lot of the typical books last night after consulting the pithypike guide... I would like to take the test in June, since I should be graduating in December and will be applying for fall 2012 admission, but I don't know if I have enough time to prepare. I work about 40 hours a week and am taking 5 classes right now (though granted 2 are online, so not much time required there).

I guess with discipline I could squeeze in a few hours a day for LSAT once I get my materials, but with this hectic schedule do you guys think June is too soon? When do most applicants to tier 1 schools take the test? October would make me feel more comfortable in terms of preparing, but if something went wrong and I had to retake it...would December be seen as too late?

2L2011

Re: June or October test date?

Postby 2L2011 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:47 pm

I'd take it as soon as possible. In theory you can take it in Dec and enroll in Jan based on a "conditional" acceptence. But then, if you do less than expected you'd have the fun of being asked not to return for the rest of the semester after you already matriculated...... :shock:

I'd just try to get it out of the way. The LSAT is just a formality, you'll do fine. Just relax and make sure to do a few practice ones and it's not as scary as you'd think. :D

buckilaw

Postby buckilaw » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Start studying now. If you are at your desired level of performance by June then go ahead and sit for the test in June. If not, sit for the October test.

Taffybear2

Postby Taffybear2 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:53 pm

I would say take a practice test or two and see how much preperation you think your going to need. You can always sign up for June and postpone to Oct. if you don't think your there yet. I was in a simlar situation last year, I regret taking it in June when I was super busy with work and finals week. (Hence a retake in December actually). Oct. is nice because you get the entire summer to prepare if necessary. I would ignore the advice above two posts above me just because everyone is different in their lsat prep. You might not need to much time but you might need a few months to even possibly a year or more to get your score where you want it to be.

Kurst

Postby Kurst » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:27 pm

This question has been asked and answered.

LSAT Prep with Work and School
In my situation, would you choose June or October?
June vs. October LSAT
Any benefit if I did the LSAT in June over October?
June vs October?
June LSAT or hold off until October?
June 2011 LSAT during finals week?
Is waiting until the October 2011 LSAT prudent?
Going to School and studying for the LSAT (June 2010)
June vs Octover Lsat
Reschedule Lsat for October 2010?
Delay taking LSAT in June?
Should I just wait for October
June test or wait until Sept/ test?
June or September LSAT

If you'd rather not read through these threads, refer to buckilaw's succinct summary of them:

buckilaw wrote:Start studying now. If you are at your desired level of performance by June then go ahead and sit for the test in June. If not, sit for the October test.

If you later find yourself vacillating between October and December:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=128824#p3403472

2L2011

Postby 2L2011 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:23 pm

As much as I want to diss you for the lack of outside interest that it must take to even care enough to consider such a post, as someone who has just gotten out of the pain in the A-we call researchclass, I kinda gotta respect it.

DAMN YOU LAWSCHOOL FOR F'N UP THE WAY I VIEW LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :evil:

Kurst wrote:This question has been asked and answered.

LSAT Prep with Work and School
In my situation, would you choose June or October?
June vs. October LSAT
Any benefit if I did the LSAT in June over October?
June vs October?
June LSAT or hold off until October?
June 2011 LSAT during finals week?
Is waiting until the October 2011 LSAT prudent?
Going to School and studying for the LSAT (June 2010)
June vs Octover Lsat
Reschedule Lsat for October 2010?
Delay taking LSAT in June?
Should I just wait for October
June test or wait until Sept/ test?
June or September LSAT

If you'd rather not read through these threads, refer to buckilaw's succinct summary of them:

buckilaw wrote:Start studying now. If you are at your desired level of performance by June then go ahead and sit for the test in June. If not, sit for the October test.

If you later find yourself vacillating between October and December:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=128824#p3403472

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”