Is waiting until the October 2011 LSAT prudent?

Bigsby

Is waiting until the October 2011 LSAT prudent?

Postby Bigsby » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:11 pm

I made plans to take the June 2011 exam as a retake (i got a 165 on my october test) though I really want to nail the LSAT. Should I just wait until October to retake it and have a lot more time to prepare? I'd rather do that, and really do great on the test rather than run the risk of doing better on the test but not as well as I expected in June. I'm shooting for 175+. I really, really think I can do it as I got a 165 with just a month of studying, albeit the studying was not quite efficient. I have a high GPA and really just want to clinch the test now to have some serious options ahead of me.

What do you guys recommend? I really don't think it will look good if I take the LSAT three times, and then on the THIRD time get to where I need to go. Maybe I should just go all or nothing in October. I'm fine with this but I'm wondering, will this hurt my admissions? If I do ED or apply to a school with rolling admissions, will applying and asking to wait for my Oct score hurt my chances? if so, by how much?

Just wondering

thank you!

luckyme

Re: Is waiting until the October 2011 LSAT prudent?

Postby luckyme » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:16 pm

it would be better if you could take it in june and apply first day apps open...3-4 months of prep should be enough (depending on your current PT average)

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:28 pm

More time does not necessarily lead to a better score. Regardless, choose a date and commit to it so you can plan your prep accordingly.

NYCLSATTutor

Postby NYCLSATTutor » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:17 pm

luckyme wrote:it would be better if you could take it in june and apply first day apps open...3-4 months of prep should be enough (depending on your current PT average)

+1.

If you scored a 165 with 1 month of study then 3-4 months should be more than sufficient.

Also applying early matters and greatly affects your chances of acceptance.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”