Kaplan Advanced class...thoughts?

DonnaDraper

Kaplan Advanced class...thoughts?

Postby DonnaDraper » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi everyone, I am a December 2010 hoping to increase my score in June. So far have just done the PS Bibles and was wondering whether the Kaplan Advanced class is helpful. In general I have heard bad things about the normal Kaplan class, but not much about the Advanced one. Does Kaplan do it totally different from Powerscore?
Last edited by DonnaDraper on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

JordynAsh

Re: Kaplan Advanced class...thoughts?

Postby JordynAsh » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:55 pm

I am unfamiliar with the PS program but I took a Kaplan advanced course. My score increased 11 points from my diag, but I also took a lot of extra practice tests (the best way to prepare IMO). However, I think the course was helpful in that it gave me a study schedule, and my teacher was really terrific. I don't think the class would be worth the money without an excellent teacher though.

Fast_Fingers

Postby Fast_Fingers » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:34 pm

JordynAsh wrote:I am unfamiliar with the PS program but I took a Kaplan advanced course. My score increased 11 points from my diag, but I also took a lot of extra practice tests (the best way to prepare IMO). However, I think the course was helpful in that it gave me a study schedule, and my teacher was really terrific. I don't think the class would be worth the money without an excellent teacher though.

My results were identical to JordynAsh's, so +1. Most of the improvement, though, will be doing sections over and over, using classes to accumulate tips on what to do/look for (codewords, diagrams, knowing that in RC, Science material questions will focus on details, etc.)

tough_cookie

Postby tough_cookie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:51 pm

I work at Kaplan if you want to PM me.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”