Best course for Advanced LSAT preparation?

seaguy2010

Best course for Advanced LSAT preparation?

Postby seaguy2010 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:43 pm

I'm studying to get a 170+, and I've already scored a 165 on the October exam. I'm looking for a course that can help me get past this barrier. So far I'm looking at

*Kaplan Advanced Course (--LinkRemoved--)

*Manhattan LSAT Course (also known as Atlas LSAT)

Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone taken the Kaplan Advanced Course? It seems like there is A LOT of instruction, practice with the Kaplan course.

2011Law

Re: Best course for Advanced LSAT preparation?

Postby 2011Law » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:59 pm

I'd also like to know this. My range for the past 10 tests was 164-170. If I end up getting a 164/5 I might end up just going to my safety or go for the June test and apply next cycle, haven't really made up my mind yet.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:43 pm

Every major course offers a lot of instruction and practice.

These "Kaplan Anywhere" courses appear to be new.

OP - how did you prepare for the October LSAT? What company's methods, if any, did you use, and what are your weak areas? Knowing which areas you need to focus on can help us make recommendations.

"Which prep course is best, generally speaking" is an age-old question on these forums without a definitive correct answer. People who've taken a course they liked simply tend to recommend that course.

barnum

Postby barnum » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:53 pm

Your options also have a lot to do with your location. Many major cities have a variety of options that go beyond just the national chains.

bp colin

Postby bp colin » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:30 am

barnum wrote:Your options also have a lot to do with your location. Many major cities have a variety of options that go beyond just the national chains.

Yeah, if you're looking for a live course and are in California, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, DC, Austin, or Phoenix, you should check us (Blueprint) out, as one of our specialities is getting relatively high scorers even higher. Look around on the forum, and PM me if you've got any questions

alexdelarge

Postby alexdelarge » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:53 pm

If you're in Manhattan, consider Testmasters. I went from PTing high 150s / low 160s to low 170s right before the Dec test. (Not sure if that translated to the real thing though.) My instructor was Dan K. He was excellent. And adorbs.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”