yoojin0319

LSAT in asia

Postby yoojin0319 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:50 am

I had lr lr rc lr lg
any idea which lr was the experimental?

WayBryson

Re: LSAT in asia

Postby WayBryson » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:58 am

I just took the test in Japan. If your test had a logic games section with questions about workers being assigned to 1 of 3 projects, then that was the real section. I hope this helps :-)

kpuc

Postby kpuc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:59 am

I made a thread about the Korean LSAT, but I'm not sure if there's a uniform LSAT across the vast continent.

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:22 am

I took it in China, but I had two LG sections. One was easy as hell, and I thought it had two sequencing games. Also, the fourth game had only four slots.

The other one was very, very difficult after the first game. The last game had 7 questions and almost no space to work.

It also had tons of rules, and a bunch of variables being assigned to RST. That's all I remember. I can't remember which section the professors game was in. I think I educated guessed on about 3 and blind guessed on around 4.

For RC, one passage was about hominids, and one passage was about Chinese-American English. The double passage was about art forgeries. LR was easy. Hope I -0'ed it cuz I'm going to need those points to make up for LG.

kpuc

Postby kpuc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:33 am

niederbomb wrote:I took it in China, but I had two LG sections. One was easy as hell, and I thought it had two sequencing games. Also, the fourth game had only four slots.

The other one was very, very difficult after the first game. The last game had 7 questions and almost no space to work.

It also had tons of rules, and a bunch of variables being assigned to RST. That's all I remember. I can't remember which section the professors game was in. I think I educated guessed on about 3 and blind guessed on around 4.

For RC, one passage was about hominids, and one passage was about Chinese-American English. The double passage was about art forgeries. LR was easy. Hope I -0'ed it cuz I'm going to need those points to make up for LG.

Looks like East Asia had the same LSAT.

Glad to hear somebody else say that games weren't on the easy side. I managed to get through the first 3 in 25 minutes, but I needed the full 10 to finish the last one, which was indeed difficult. I worked on the second-last question for maybe 3 minutes and found all the answers impossible. I'm sure I misread a question or a rule, but I ended up having to choose an answer that I thought was wrong.

The first LR was fine. The second LR was easy until about the last 5 questions, which of each left me with a bit of uncertainty. The RC was a doozy, one of the hardest I've encountered (the hardest being the one with Riddled Basins).

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:37 am

I'd say RC had three easy passages, but the one about art forgeries was up there with Willa Cather. I think I went -3 on RC, all of them from that passage.

That's too bad. I really needed a -0 on both LR and RC to get into the high 160's/170's after my LG disaster. I was so confident after the first LG section; I didn't see the second one coming. I think I might have gotten a -12 on that section alone.

I got through the first 3 games in about 29 minutes with maybe 3 educated guesses on the first 16 questions. Then, I answered two on the fourth game for sure, 1 educated guess, and 4 blind guesses. I had to brute force through everything on the 3rd game, and I got nowhere on the 4th game, so I just scanned it for easy questions, and answered them.

I don't think I've done this poorly on LG since I took PT 49 and got hung up on the letters game.

mottainai

Postby mottainai » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:02 am

I took the test in Japan today, and it looks like everyone had a similar reaction to the test.

That last game was a killer - I probably took 15 minutes on it. Too many rules. RC was average, I thought, except for the last passage. LR was fairly easy - unless, of course, I just went through it too quickly and made some careless mistakes.

WayBryson

Postby WayBryson » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:27 pm

Maybe it was just me, but I thought the Logic Games were pretty easy on it. The last question was a monster, but the first two were cupcakes, which left plenty of time to tacke the respectable third and monster of a fourth. I finished the first in 4 minutes and the second in around 7. I did spend over 10 minutes on the last game though--lots to keep track of without having an effective way to diagram. I also agree that the comparative reading section was a bit tough.

yoojin0319

Postby yoojin0319 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:40 pm

WayBryson wrote:Maybe it was just me, but I thought the Logic Games were pretty easy on it. The last question was a monster, but the first two were cupcakes, which left plenty of time to tacke the respectable third and monster of a fourth. I finished the first in 4 minutes and the second in around 7. I did spend over 10 minutes on the last game though--lots to keep track of without having an effective way to diagram. I also agree that the comparative reading section was a bit tough.

ME TOO.
i had like 15 minutes to spend on the last one...still..i guessed like 3...

kpuc

Postby kpuc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:47 pm

WayBryson wrote:Maybe it was just me, but I thought the Logic Games were pretty easy on it. The last question was a monster, but the first two were cupcakes, which left plenty of time to tacke the respectable third and monster of a fourth. I finished the first in 4 minutes and the second in around 7. I did spend over 10 minutes on the last game though--lots to keep track of without having an effective way to diagram. I also agree that the comparative reading section was a bit tough.

Any predictions on the scale?

Unlike the October LSAT, I don't remember making any definite mistakes. However, I don't feel as confident, mainly because the Oct LSAT taught me that I was capable of sloppy errors.

WayBryson

Postby WayBryson » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:54 pm

kpuc wrote:

Any predictions on the scale?

Unlike the October LSAT, I don't remember making any definite mistakes. However, I don't feel as confident, mainly because the Oct LSAT taught me that I was capable of sloppy errors.

Couldn't really say. I mostly practiced with the older tests. I was also peeking when I took it, which makes it difficult to gauge relative difficulty.

lifeaway1985

Postby lifeaway1985 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:19 pm

I found LG and RC difficult.The last one in LG and the second and last ones in RC. :oops:

kpuc

Postby kpuc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:40 pm

lifeaway1985 wrote:I found LG and RC difficult.The last one in LG and the second and last ones in RC. :oops:

That seems to be the consensus here.

lifeaway1985

Postby lifeaway1985 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:06 pm

kpuc wrote:
lifeaway1985 wrote:I found LG and RC difficult.The last one in LG and the second and last ones in RC. :oops:

That seems to be the consensus here.

Yeah, I think so. I just contributed to the confrimation of this consensus. :mrgreen: I don't know if I should cancel. Although I feel difficult, I still complete all the questions within the time limit, certainly with some guesses... I am not sure if I could do better in case that I cancel this one. I really have limited time for preparations while working.

dkb17xzx

Postby dkb17xzx » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Did anyone here have 2 LG sections - one including students taking history, geography, and industry and the other section including bus routes, six scenes (1st game)...trying to figure out which one was experimental.

weiweilt

Postby weiweilt » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:23 pm

USER IS A FUCKING IDIOT AND WAS ALREADY BANNED FOR A DIFFERENT POST BUT WOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED FOR THIS ONE TOO.

Colorado10

Postby Colorado10 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:28 am

Last edited by Colorado10 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

weiweilt

Postby weiweilt » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:01 am

Colorado10 wrote:
niederbomb wrote: For RC, one passage was about hominids, and one passage was about Chinese-American English. The double passage was about art forgeries. LR was easy. Hope I -0'ed it cuz I'm going to need those points to make up for LG.

Huh? Interesting...

I took it in South Korea.
I had one RC (which meant it was the real thing) and my RC didn't contain anything about Chinese-American English or art forgeries.

I guess that means that depending on which Asian country you were in, you took different versions of the test.
That would consequently mean that there's no real way to know which section was the experimental

anyone else agree?

I took the test in China and had the same RC with Colorado10.

togepi

Postby togepi » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:04 am

Took the test at Yonsei University in South Korea.

Had LR LG RC LG LR

I thought both of my logic game sections were pretty easy, along with the LR (some were tricky but overall not too bad). I ran out of time a little on the RC part. 5 minute warning got called as I was reading the last passage so I had to rush through those questions :(

^The RC that I had was about Machiavelli's The Prince and there was one on invasive plants and some chemical I think

treebark

Postby treebark » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:16 am

you guys are replying to posts made two years ago >_<

weiweilt

Postby weiweilt » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:18 am

treebark wrote:you guys are replying to posts made two years ago >_<

:oops:

dkb17xzx

Postby dkb17xzx » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:29 am

togepi wrote:Took the test at Yonsei University in South Korea.

Had LR LG RC LG LR

I thought both of my logic game sections were pretty easy, along with the LR (some were tricky but overall not too bad). I ran out of time a little on the RC part. 5 minute warning got called as I was reading the last passage so I had to rush through those questions :(

^The RC that I had was about Machiavelli's The Prince and there was one on invasive plants and some chemical I think

which lg was experimental? was it the bus route one / finance oversight one or the students picking geography, history, industry classes one

togepi

Postby togepi » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:38 am

I have no idea. The first one was too easy, I think it was the second one that had the last question being a rule substitution question.

dkb17xzx wrote:

Had LR LG RC LG LR

which lg was experimental? was it the bus route one / finance oversight one or the students picking geography, history, industry classes one

dkb17xzx

Postby dkb17xzx » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:42 am

togepi wrote:I have no idea. The first one was too easy, I think it was the second one that had the last question being a rule substitution question.

dkb17xzx wrote:

Had LR LG RC LG LR

makes sense. fuck...i bombed that section. what do you think the curve will be? i think it's a -10 b/c the LR and RC (had the same as yours) didn't really feel particularly difficult, and the games, although i freaked out, probably will turn out to be normal when compared with other PT's

togepi

Postby togepi » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:44 am

Yeah, I'm kind of worried about that too. LR seeemd normal, LG was doable. I thought the RC was tough, I definitely spent way too long on the first passage, I think I spaced out a bit. I hope it's very forgiving. Was shooting for a 165 =/

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”