Dec LSAT in Korea

kpuc

Dec LSAT in Korea

Postby kpuc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:16 am

Anybody take the LSAT in Korea? What'd you think of it?

I found the RC difficult, with strange questions and long readings. I had to really rush the last 2-3 questions, which never happens. I had two LG sections, one of which was very easy and other which was moderately difficult (I'm almost certain a question on the last game had no right answer). The two LRs were normal.

Overall, this test felt moderately difficult. I took the LSAT in America in Oct, and I'd say that this test was harder. That LSAT had a -12 curve, so I'm hoping for at least that. Would be ecstatic with a -13 or -14.

rivermaker

Re: Dec LSAT in Korea

Postby rivermaker » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:25 am

i thought the LR's were quite easy. The rc i agree was tough as hell. The comparative and that one on hominads? Games i was skipping around like crazy harder than normal. I agree with high curve.

rivermaker

Postby rivermaker » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:26 am

EDIT BY MOD: User was banned for this post. Do not discuss specifics of any questions.

kpuc

Postby kpuc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:29 am

rivermaker wrote:EDIT BY MOD

No, don't remember that one.

Glad to hear that someone else thought the RC was difficult. That last passage was really text-heavy, which I despise in a section that already makes you read and process so much.

magicman554

Postby magicman554 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:30 am

Can't wait for the Reunification. Maybe LSAC will do an inaugural commie-themed LG section.

rivermaker

Postby rivermaker » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:31 am

what did you think of the games? i answered all the questions on the last game think i did it fine, but with such little space and such weird rules im starting to think i misread something.

kpuc

Postby kpuc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:35 am

rivermaker wrote:what did you think of the games? i answered all the questions on the last game think i did it fine, but with such little space and such weird rules im starting to think i misread something.

I got to the last game with 10 minutes left. Except for the 2nd last question, I feel pretty good about all my answers. I agree that the last game was very unusual and had a lot of rules to keep track of. Because of that last game, I'd say that the games were harder than usual. Definitely not easy.

chatte27

Postby chatte27 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:38 am

kpuc wrote:

Glad to hear that someone else thought the RC was difficult. That last passage was really text-heavy, which I despise in a section that already makes you read and process so much.

was the question on 5 species of ape (chimpanzees in east and west africa, right?) in the 3rd section? (i had LR RC LR LR LG) .. so the LR that counted was the one that had questions about first year students taking econ 101? (the question after that was about nonprofit zoos vs for profit zoos)

rivermaker

Postby rivermaker » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:39 am

it was in the third section yeah.

kpuc

Postby kpuc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:43 am

chatte27 wrote:
kpuc wrote:

was the question on 5 species of ape (chimpanzees in east and west africa, right?) in the 3rd section? (i had LR RC LR LR LG) .. so the LR that counted was the one that had questions about first year students taking econ 101? (the question after that was about nonprofit zoos vs for profit zoos)

Yeah, I had the LR section with econ students.

chatte27

Postby chatte27 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:48 am

thanks! too bad i did better on the experimental :-/

kpuc

Postby kpuc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:51 am

chatte27 wrote:thanks! too bad i did better on the experimental :-/

Wish the RC was experimental. But no matter! I made a ton of unprecedented stupid mistakes on the Oct LSAT, and if I can just avoid that on this LSAT, I'll have a better score.

chatte27

Postby chatte27 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:55 am

kpuc wrote:

Wish the RC was experimental. But no matter! I made a ton of unprecedented stupid mistakes on the Oct LSAT, and if I can just avoid that on this LSAT, I'll have a better score.

yeah i was hoping in vain for the RC to be the experimental, even after i got the 2nd LR in the 3rd section, haha. oh well...

ack

Postby ack » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:57 am

kpuc wrote:

No kidding, I was really hoping. Got annoyed to find a 3rd LR instead of a 2nd RC.

I found the last LG to be time consuming, but, I had saved a ton of time on games 1-3. I only had 2 questions left when they called "5 minute remaining". For that reason I don't think the LG is going to give us a generous curve.

yoojin0319

Postby yoojin0319 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:58 am

I had lr rc lr lr lg
anybody have any idea which lr was the experimental? 4section (lr) was so easy I am assuming that's the experimental? plz help

kpuc

Postby kpuc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:03 am

ack wrote:
kpuc wrote:

No kidding, I was really hoping. Got annoyed to find a 3rd LR instead of a 2nd RC.

I found the last LG to be time consuming, but, I had saved a ton of time on games 1-3. I only had 2 questions left when they called "5 minute remaining". For that reason I don't think the LG is going to give us a generous curve.

It's really quite hard to predict curves. Most people thought the American Oct LSAT would be stingy, but it wound up being quite generous despite not having one extremely difficult section.

But given the hard RC, moderately difficult (IMHO) LG, and propensity for Dec LSATs to have generous curves, I think we all have reasonable hopes to expect a -11 or -12, or even better.

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:31 am

Sounds like the same test they gave in China. I got two LG's, and I really hope the first one was the real one. The second one was unreal; it had no space to work on the last game, and the last game had 7 questions. The 3rd game had 0 deductions, or at least I couldn't find any.

Am I correct that the last game of the real LG had some way of assignment variables to RST? If so, I'm canceling.

I just took the October LSAT as a PT, and these games were about 50X harder. After the second game, I don't think I made any deductions at all, only brute force POE and educated guesses (along with blind guesses on the last 4).

kpuc

Postby kpuc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:35 am

niederbomb wrote:Sounds like the same test they gave in China. I got two LG's, and I really hope the first one was the real one. The second one was unreal; it had no space to work on the last game, and the last game had 7 questions. The 3rd game had 0 deductions, or at least I couldn't find any.

Am I correct that the last game of the real LG had some way of assignment variables to RST? If so, I'm canceling.

I just took the October LSAT as a PT, and these games were about 50X harder. After the second game, I don't think I made any deductions at all, only brute force POE and educated guesses (along with blind guesses on the last 4).

Sorry to say that RST were the real games. Did you take the Oct LSAT in Asia or America?

roranoa

Postby roranoa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:39 am

RC was my first section and I don't know if it was hard but it was really hard to concentrate on the passages for some reason. (my first LSAT experience!)

I had two LG's as well. One very easy and the other (after break) average difficulty. Three of the games on the second one were easy but the last one was almost like dino games.

LR seemed relatively easy with 2-3 very tricky questions.

The overall level was fine.

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:43 am

kpuc wrote:
niederbomb wrote:Sounds like the same test they gave in China. I got two LG's, and I really hope the first one was the real one. The second one was unreal; it had no space to work on the last game, and the last game had 7 questions. The 3rd game had 0 deductions, or at least I couldn't find any.

Sorry to say that RST were the real games. Did you take the Oct LSAT in Asia or America?

I took it in Asia also. That time, I had an easy test and got destroyed by nerves on LG. This time, I took beta blockers, did about 20 PT's, and felt ready for anything. I did 100's of game multiple times and saw a lot of improvement.

But the LG was a disaster. I'm glad it was the 4th section, right before an easy LR. I limped through that LR. If I had gotten LG before the break, I think I would have walked out and cancelled right there.

I guess I'm going to Quebec next year to try to learn French and try my best to crack McGill. This LG thing is just not working for me.

rivermaker

Postby rivermaker » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:17 am

Am I correct that the last game of the real LG had some way of assignment variables to RST? If so, I'm canceling. ?????

roranoa

Postby roranoa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:37 am

rivermaker wrote:Am I correct that the last game of the real LG had some way of assignment variables to RST? If so, I'm canceling. ?????

I'm guessing that the one you're talking about is the real one.

rivermaker

Postby rivermaker » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:43 am

freaking myself out with this bad thoughts

kpuc

Postby kpuc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:02 am

rivermaker wrote:Am I correct that the last game of the real LG had some way of assignment variables to RST? If so, I'm canceling. ?????

Yeah, the real games had the RST, the East/West theatre, and a couple of others that I don't remember.

Are you sure you're not just second-guessing yourself? You said that you felt good about the games earlier.

yoojin0319

Postby yoojin0319 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:14 am

yup that was the real one
the last game was the killer

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”