test center distraction??? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Re: test center distraction???

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:54 am

genrader

New

Post by genrader » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:11 pm

When I took the test some guy to my left was so obnoxiously loud it was hard to concentrate during the first section and half of the next. Scratching on paper in the absolute loudest manner, breathing these obnoxiously loud sighs, and making about four times as much noise as anyone needed to make.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:13 pm

epic!

KingDave

New

Post by KingDave » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:11 pm

The phrase "Shit blasts" should have absolutely convinced LSAC this was distraction.

postn0bills

Bronze

Post by postn0bills » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:38 pm

kkklick wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:I woke up this morning and remembered this story. This is the kind of tale one might randomly recall while on their deathbed and start laughing it up. Family members will beg to know what's so funny, but it'll be too inappropriate to share. Future generations would be left to guess just what it was.
And after time it will become part of the cultural phenomenon known as talk-story.

Six months later, I cannot stop laughing at this thread, and this comment specifically. Thank you guys for making me laugh after a rough day!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chasy_price

New

Post by chasy_price » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:43 am

OMG this is so hilarious.....

I bet he must be so embarrassed. Having to take off during middle of a section and drop bombs so loudly that the whole room will hear..... That is just cruelly funny.

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:19 am

What's great about TLS is when the same incident gets two threads.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=151447

crimlaw4life, I've been rooting for you this whole time. I know you dominated on the retake!

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:26 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:What's great about TLS is when the same incident gets two threads.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=151447

crimlaw4life, I've been rooting for you this whole time. I know you dominated on the retake!
how's life schope?

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:39 am

Decent. I'm working two FT jobs, day and night. Headed to a not-so-great school while working at a T14 school... :| ... then I'll be transferring to my first choice hopefully. The school I'm working at though is highly ranked, but I won't say 'T(whatever)', because that's what jerks do.

And I don't want to out myself.

ETA: Make a waiting thread!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Curry

Post by Curry » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:43 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:Decent. I'm working two FT jobs, day and night. Headed to a not-so-great school while working at a T14 school... :| ... then I'll be transferring to my first choice hopefully. The school I'm working at though is highly ranked, but I won't say 'T(whatever)', because that's what jerks do.

This confuses me. You're plannin on transferring?

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:44 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:Decent. I'm working two FT jobs, day and night. Headed to a not-so-great school while working at a T14 school... :| ... then I'll be transferring to my first choice hopefully. The school I'm working at though is highly ranked, but I won't say 'T(whatever)', because that's what jerks do.

good for you, man. Glad you are optimistic about everything. Just bombed June myself... will retake and still gonna apply this fall. yeah i'm getting back into the FT job market myself, so i respect how you're able to pull off a double-load. i will be mostly in the october thread and not the lounge, so feel free to PM. i'll let you know how my cycle goes, and maybe we'll end up in the same place.

SgtL

New

Post by SgtL » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:15 am

I have a strange curiosity to know what the super pooper scored. I refuse to accept that he cancelled because a story this funny would only be complete with him scoring in the 99th. Would that make him the first ever to empty his bowels during a test and still crush it?

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:45 pm

Curry wrote:

This confuses me. You're plannin on transferring?
tl;dr: Yeah.
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:58 pm

DukeCornell wrote:
KevinP wrote:Oh man!!! This is epic. I wonder how one would try and explain this situation in a complaint letter to LSAC.
I think he should copy and paste exactly what he told us. I’m sure the LSAC rep (after laughing for 10 minutes) would attach a letter citing “irregular testing conditions” to his file.
I went back and reread, way funnier the second time :lol:

Neidermeyer519

Bronze

Post by Neidermeyer519 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:00 am

After the proctors started us, they began flipping through pages and checking things back and forth with one another. It wasn't the worst experience I've ever had (in December they were having an forensics competition in the room next to us and I was seated next to the wall. They were dramatically loud), but it was still annoying bc I was trying to get in LSAT mode and there were the proctors,ruffling papers and driving my ass crazy. One of them looked up to check on us and saw me giving them the "If you don't stop I will jump out of this chair and skull f$*% you" look. As soon as they stopped, the guy next to me started tapping his pencil repeatedly. He received similar treatment and I was awarded with similar results. By section 2 all was well with the room.

futureonel80

New

Post by futureonel80 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:10 pm

This made my week, thanks for sharing.

IrishJew

Bronze

Post by IrishJew » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:41 pm

rsd16 wrote:The class I took the lsat in had a bathroom in it. it was in the back and a student was working literally right next to it. This guy one row ahead of me kept lightly groaning and I heard his stomach bubble many times. During section 2 he raised his hand and went to the bathroom. All everyone heard for the next 5 minutes were loud shit blasts. It sounded like a truck backfiring. I personally did ok but am wondering if this is grounds for a testing irregularity. I personally thought it was hilarious.
This is a good first draft for your HYS addendum, but "O.K." and "LSAT" are usually capitalized. Also, the admissions deans would probably prefer if you elaborate on the nature of the "shit blasts." Were they in the key of B or the key of F? You don't want to leave them guessing at how to interpret your score! :P

Freakin' HILARIOUS, greatest post I've ever seen on TLS.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ambitious1

Bronze

Post by Ambitious1 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:06 pm

amazing bump! I've been laughing nonstop for about 5 minutes now. And I thought I had it bad because my proctor kept obnoxiously clearing her throat

kobe1020

Bronze

Post by kobe1020 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:49 am

after reading all obnoxious shit "if not T14 you are dead" threads all night this is the best gift for me to fall asleep..

SecondWind

Bronze

Post by SecondWind » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:31 am

kkklick wrote:I don't know how many times I have to tell people never to eat taco bell before the LSAT...
http://storify.com/rabidbadger/conversa ... d-tacobell

logicfreak

New

Post by logicfreak » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:42 am

The insipid title of this thread makes the contents of the original post even funnier that it already is.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:45 am

Don't necro old threads for no reason.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”