What are you doing 1 week before test day? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
URMdan

Bronze

What are you doing 1 week before test day?

Post by URMdan » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:52 pm

I decided to take today off, and I'm thinking about putting it down a gear this week.

In past tests I'd be studying strong up until the last day leading up to the test, but I feel like that routine has contributed to the "test day anxiety" that I've experienced in my last two test takes. Since I'm PTing right around where I was before the Oct test, I am gonna deshift this week and use maybe 2 or 3 days to study.

Diiizzzzoooo

Bronze

Re: What are you doing 1 week before test day?

Post by Diiizzzzoooo » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:29 pm

I may be doing the exact opposite. Other than Friday, I am going balls to the wall, even though I already feel pretty good. I tend to function better when I have a flow going.

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:56 pm

Section work on games and probably one PT on Wednesday.

2011Law

Silver

Post by 2011Law » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:12 pm

Exams tomorrow, thursday, and friday. have yet to study. paper also due tomorrow, have yet to write. still have PTs 60 + 61 to do. balls to the wall sounds about right.

ATR

Silver

Post by ATR » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:39 pm

PT tomorrow, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings before class. Light review/focused work those evenings. Review missed problems on Friday.

Warm-up routine on Saturday:
10 logical reasoning problems
2 RC passages (science, humanities probably)
2 logic games

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

paulshortys10

Silver

Post by paulshortys10 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:15 pm

Did one last night and this morning...review these on Mon...59 and 60 on tues and weds, review on Thursday..61 on Fri and review it, go to sleep as early as possible.

ATR

Silver

Post by ATR » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:19 pm

paulshortys10 wrote:Did one last night and this morning...review these on Mon...59 and 60 on tues and weds, review on Thursday..61 on Fri and review it, go to sleep as early as possible.
Consensus here seems to be not to do anything the day before the exam, FYI.

paulshortys10

Silver

Post by paulshortys10 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Yea I know... I might change it to Thursday, I just don't want to take 3 in a row...I also feel as if ill become detached somehow if I skip one day(fri), like ill be on a roll by sat.

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

M-TH: Do all RC/LG sections from 50-58 for review (Already did LR sections). Do full PTs from 59-61. I'm at my best when I mass cram before an exam.

F: Relax. Possibly do 1 or 2 LG games.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

URMdan

Bronze

Post by URMdan » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:46 pm

If any of you have "performance anxiety" I read that it's best to relax up to a week leading up to the test and just do light work during them to keep your mind on track.

URMdan

Bronze

Post by URMdan » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:48 pm

KevinP wrote:M-TH: Do all RC/LG sections from 50-58 for review (Already did LR sections). Do full PTs from 59-61. I'm at my best when I mass cram before an exam.

Sure, you can probably "cram" everything in about a month, but one week is not plausible for the LSAT. The 50+ LSATs are different IMO than older ones.

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:09 pm

URMdan wrote:
KevinP wrote:M-TH: Do all RC/LG sections from 50-58 for review (Already did LR sections). Do full PTs from 59-61. I'm at my best when I mass cram before an exam.

Sure, you can probably "cram" everything in about a month, but one week is not plausible for the LSAT. The 50+ LSATs are different IMO than older ones.
True but I'm a retaker who is already scoring at the upper levels of his skills. I've been doing sections and PTs lightly over the past weeks but plan to use the final week as a mass review.

2011Law

Silver

Post by 2011Law » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:16 pm

atresia wrote:Warm-up routine on Saturday:
2 logic games
nice, I was going to do like 7 LRs, 1 RC passage and 1 game Friday Night and Saturday Morning. what time are you waking up?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ATR

Silver

Post by ATR » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:59 pm

2011Law wrote:
2 logic games
nice, I was going to do like 7 LRs, 1 RC passage and 1 game Friday Night and Saturday Morning. what time are you waking up?
6:00. My exam's at 8:30, but I have a 45-minute drive to the test center. Out the door at 6:30, arrive by 7:30 (latest), then do the warm-up in my car; should take 35 minutes or so.

RefleX

New

Post by RefleX » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:11 am

I decided I'm not going to take another practice test because I scored well on the last one and I don't want to spook myself if I do poorly on the next. I'm doing sections to keep the strategies fresh and finishing up casual reading of LRB (which was supplementary because I was already scoring quite well without it). Trying to keep occupied and not become nervous. I keep telling myself that although it's an important test, it's nothing that I haven't seen before and studied for.

URMdan

Bronze

Post by URMdan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:18 am

RefleX wrote:I decided I'm not going to take another practice test because I scored well on the last one and I don't want to spook myself if I do poorly on the next. I'm doing sections to keep the strategies fresh and finishing up casual reading of LRB (which was supplementary because I was already scoring quite well without it). Trying to keep occupied and not become nervous. I keep telling myself that although it's an important test, it's nothing that I haven't seen before and studied for.

Do you also do this to get over test-day jitters?

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:05 pm

I actually have found myself almost forgetting that Im taking the test again this saturday (which is kind of scary) I know I have the ability to score 170+, taking tons of PTs/drilling before the test will do nothing. Going in with a fresh mind and no worries IMO is going to benefit me more than what I did last time, which was drilling and worrying about the test.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

2011Law

Silver

Post by 2011Law » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:36 pm

atresia wrote:
2011Law wrote:
2 logic games
6:00. My exam's at 8:30, but I have a 45-minute drive to the test center. Out the door at 6:30, arrive by 7:30 (latest), then do the warm-up in my car; should take 35 minutes or so.
christ that's a busy morning.

LadyB

New

Post by LadyB » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:49 pm

I've never done a 'warm-up' before taking a practice exam...Might try it on Wednesday before I take my (hopefully last!) one. This week I'll focus on timing, and check out my test center before the big day on Saturday. Main objective is to keep from freaking out before the 11th!

I'm hoping to increase three points on test day from my last practice (taken on this Saturday), praying, reviewing is all there is at this point.

URMdan

Bronze

Post by URMdan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:48 pm

I decided today that I want my grandma to sleep over the night before so that she could make me breakfast :D

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:07 pm

i would recommend doing what you normally do. Dont change things up this week. If you have been doing something LSAT related every day, I would suggest keeping that routine. On friday do some easy games, LR questions, skim your notes, etc. Its not mind shattering, but it will keep your routine somewhat. Dont take a prep test friday or thursday. Just do some section work.

Also: stay off TLS from wednesday on. there will be a lot of stress threads which can negatively affect your performance/ confidence.

Before you leave the test center make up your mind about to cancel or not. If you think you did as well as you normally did on each section- keep the score. If you know you mis bubbled or did very bad, then cancel. You can easily psyche yourself out from keeping a good score a few days after the test.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

RefleX

New

Post by RefleX » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:08 pm

^ I agree, great advice. I think confidence is one of the biggest parts so I'm not going to undermine it by doing a last minute PT and risking a less than satisfactory score. Keeping the information fresh is definitely key as well. I was reading through the LRB and neglected LGs a bit and struggled on my first section back, but gained it back quickly after a few more problems. You definitely don't want that mini-slump to show up on test day. The stay-off TLS advice is fantastic.

LadyB

New

Post by LadyB » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:08 pm

northwood wrote: Also: stay off TLS from wednesday on. there will be a lot of stress threads which can negatively affect your performance/ confidence.
Good advice! I've been lurking here for a while but am not allowing myself to go on this site, lawschoolpredictor.com, or lawschoolnumbers.com until Monday. Hopefully steering clear of that type of stuff will put me into a semi zen state for Saturday 8)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”