how the hell do some of u master lr?

Re: how the hell do some of u master lr?

Postby youknowryan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:47 pm

annyong wrote:I also think there will be one or two difficult LR questions that will trip you up in a section...

The LSAT takes what is simple and makes it complex.

For me when I come across these, I do my best to get them right, and put a box around them to return to later. I will spend a few minutes looking at them and if it clicks great, if not I'll wait a day or two and revisit them for a few minutes. Repeat until it makes sense. The next time anything comes along that's even close, I can tear right through them. For example sufficiency errors use to catch me off guard now I can see them coming way before I even peek at the ACs.

Postby Bobeo » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:14 pm

SilverE2 wrote:Honestly repetition is key, once you've done every single logical reasoning problem in every single practice test, it just clicks. I finish the sections with 0 - 1 wrong per section, and time to spare, almost every time. If I have a bad day, I may miss two in a section. I don't use any special methods to answer the questions, basically at a certain point every question they ask you is more or less a variation of a question you've seen before. It really just takes grinding out LR sections day in and day out to get it.

This also helps with speed. When I was first learning LR (I used the testmasters method) applying all of their methods for figuring out the right answers took time. But over time you learn to answer them naturally without using any tricks, and that speeds you up a ton. To tell you the truth, if you asked me today what would be the testmasters way of solving an LR question, I wouldn't be able to tell you.

QFT. The PitheyPike method is great for LR because you go through each question type in the LRB, and then do 100+ examples with explanations (Kaplan Mastery Book). I highly suggest it.

Sloth Hero

Postby Sloth Hero » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:52 pm

Be critical and picky. :)

Postby rivermaker » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:11 am

i was in the same boat as you. Recently got it down to like -1 to -4. Honestly review the hell out of the prep tests you take. Im talking about even the easy ass answers write down what is wrong with them. Write down what is right. Right down why you chose the wrong answer etc. Takes longer to do this then taking the actual section and seems tedious, but after a while you are able to see the stupid answers more quickly and the right answers pop out at you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”