Eyes getting tired? Lsat pt's getting blurry? Seriously... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
MrAdams

New

Eyes getting tired? Lsat pt's getting blurry? Seriously...

Post by MrAdams » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:21 pm

... go to the optometrist. Go get those eyes checked out. I went today, turns out I have pretty bad astigmatism and am pretty short sighted to boot. I have seen a few other posters here complaining that their eyes are getting tired and blurry, so if you are one of those kids, go get those peekers peeked into. Really could be a life saver as far as your LSAT studies are going.

sangr

Bronze

Re: Eyes getting tired? Lsat pt's getting blurry? Seriously...

Post by sangr » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:40 am

im actually going.thanks for the heads up.

what did he actually do for you to remedy this?
cuz its totlaly screwing my LSAT goals up.

MrAdams

New

Post by MrAdams » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:57 am

Glasses, pretty much. Or contacts; im lazy; so, glasses. They can be kinda expensive, which is crap, but the optometrist said that I am pretty blind and that getting them will improve my ability to study immensely and will prevent fatigue over the course of the day from diminishing my reading and concentration at night. I could probably sit the one LSAT final in Dec and do just fine,... but I need to be doing a lot more than one LSAT pt a day before then to be fully prepared and up until now, my eyes just haven't been up to it.

I went to a different optometrist's shop to get my glasses (I liked the ones they had there more) and he was pretty shocked I have been able to get around with my eyes. Honestly, I have grown used to how I see and it has never really been an issue up until LSAT and their stupid tiny fonts have come along, but now it needs to be sorted. So yeah, you might not have thought you've had a problem as a result of natural ignorance, but if you feel like your eyesight is letting you down, you might as well get a check up - it cant hurt. If you are fine,... well, at least you wont have to wear glasses.

thesybarite

Bronze

Post by thesybarite » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:45 am

Yes, I have a similar story.

I now have two pairs of new glasses, one for general vision and one for close work (originally LSAT study).

It has made a huge difference. It's worth whatever it costs.

I'm just left feeling mildly bitter that this whole process is aging me. Gray hair to boot.

MrAdams

New

Post by MrAdams » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:18 am

Fully. I have read that myopia (short sighted... ness) is linked with excessive reading and can be antagonised by small fonts. Pretty much, the LSAT really does add years.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ziggie

Bronze

Post by ziggie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:26 am

True, I got my eyes checked out during my LSAT prep but the lady just told me that for every 15 minutes of straight reading I needed to look up at a further point for 10 seconds.. I'd rather get glasses..

NonTradHealthLaw

Bronze

Post by NonTradHealthLaw » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:32 am

Check out http://www.zennioptical.com/ for some glasses if you don't want to throw down a lot of cash. I've been very happy with them for decent "throwaway" glasses that don't look like 1974 redux.

sangr

Bronze

Post by sangr » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:50 am

i actually went to the optometrist and she revised my glasses... but said nothing seemed to be wrong.and to come back.

im going to a different eye doctor this time..

my problem is not the actual reading of texts..but a sensation where its hard to see in light..and my eyes are fatigued like crazy basically all the time.. its especially hard to read black text on white paper..anyone have any idea what this condition may be?

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:54 am

you guys are wimps

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:55 am

sangr wrote:i actually went to the optometrist and she revised my glasses... but said nothing seemed to be wrong.and to come back.

my problem is not the actual reading of texts..but a sensation where its hard to see in light..and my eyes are fatigued like crazy basically all the time.. its especially hard to read black text on white paper..anyone have any idea what this condition may be?
Caffeine.

sangr

Bronze

Post by sangr » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:03 am

incompetentia wrote:
sangr wrote:i actually went to the optometrist and she revised my glasses... but said nothing seemed to be wrong.and to come back.

Caffeine.
uh..its not caffeine.
I dont take in much caffeine and barely drink coffee..

dont know whats wrong with me!

MrAdams

New

Post by MrAdams » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:08 am

sophia.olive wrote:you guys are wimps
badasses-with-glasses more like. :wink:

Gabriella

New

Post by Gabriella » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:16 am

I can see all these posts are from 2010. I am hoping someone can still respond to me.

My sister, who is a scientist, told me she was working on a research that shows people's eye vision can impact their test scores. I thought maybe I should go get my eyes checked out. As it turns out, I have been blind my whole life and didn't know it. The doctor was shocked that I have been able to see the world for so long without glasses and he wasn't surprised when I told him I get tired and headaches during reading.

I picked up my glasses today from Costco. When I put them on and walked around, I felt like the ground was moving. The representative said it's because my brain is communicating with my eyes or whatever to get a clearer image and that this takes few hours for me to get used to. I didnt wear them long enough to get used to it, and I don't want to always wear glasses. I just bought them because I want it to help me with LSAT and law school.

When I got home, I put them back on again and tried to review an LR question I had gotten wrong. I read the stimulus and it was SOO MUCH MORE CLEAR but I couldn't really think why the right answer was right; it was hard to stay focused. I felt some sort of discomfort. I took them off and my focus was better but it was blurry.

I thought maybe it's because of what the representative said...that I need to get used to it? Any thoughts?

Think of this as a paradox question lol

Dcc617

Gold

Post by Dcc617 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:41 pm

Gabriella wrote:I can see all these posts are from 2010. I am hoping someone can still respond to me.

My sister, who is a scientist, told me she was working on a research that shows people's eye vision can impact their test scores. I thought maybe I should go get my eyes checked out. As it turns out, I have been blind my whole life and didn't know it. The doctor was shocked that I have been able to see the world for so long without glasses and he wasn't surprised when I told him I get tired and headaches during reading.

I picked up my glasses today from Costco. When I put them on and walked around, I felt like the ground was moving. The representative said it's because my brain is communicating with my eyes or whatever to get a clearer image and that this takes few hours for me to get used to. I didnt wear them long enough to get used to it, and I don't want to always wear glasses. I just bought them because I want it to help me with LSAT and law school.

When I got home, I put them back on again and tried to review an LR question I had gotten wrong. I read the stimulus and it was SOO MUCH MORE CLEAR but I couldn't really think why the right answer was right; it was hard to stay focused. I felt some sort of discomfort. I took them off and my focus was better but it was blurry.

I thought maybe it's because of what the representative said...that I need to get used to it? Any thoughts?

Think of this as a paradox question lol
Maybe try keeping your glasses on so you can get used to it? Like your doctor said? And like makes sense?

Also, solid bump.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”