misbubble??

mediation_86

misbubble??

Postby mediation_86 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Do you think 8 answers moved down, which wuold result in all 8 being right, would warrant LSAC to consider a misbubble situation? It was in the RC section, I think i remember that i skipped a question at the end of the 2nd passage, and then finished the 3rd passage. Had anxiety because time was running out and tried to do the last passage without noticing the lining up of the numbers. Also guessed on the last questions so I just filled in the rest of the questions without noticing a a numbering discrepancy.

how would I go about asking for this also? do I call LSAC?
Last edited by mediation_86 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

typ3

Re: misbubble??

Postby typ3 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:28 pm

Call them about it, notify them. I've heard of instances of this before where it happens early in a section and 13-14 are wrong. Might as well try your luck.

mediation_86

Postby mediation_86 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:12 pm

How would they know? I mean 8 in a row where if the answers would of been shifted downwards would of resulted in getting all 8 correct, I would think that would be a sure misbubble.

I have heard I would need to email them the circumstance and explain what exactly happened

I really hope they can fix this through hand-scoring or something, because 8 points is alot.
Last edited by mediation_86 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Call them. Asking TLS a super specific and rare question that only LSAC will be able to answer isnt too effective. It doesn't matter what we say.

apparentlynew

Postby apparentlynew » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:06 pm

October '10 LSAT: I misbubbled for 10 questions, realized I'd screwed up on 6 of them, fixed those 6. I called LSAC and they told me I could mail a letter and a check for $42 or fax them a letter and my credit card information. Either way, they will manually score your LSAT and get back to you in 7-10 days (according to them). I called LSAC on Tuesday and they confirmed that they got my letter, that's when I heard the 7-10 day estimate. I don't have a response from them yet but I am not optimistic, despite the fact that my many consecutive erasures are visible on the scantron and that my explanation makes sense.

I think that is your only option.

FishOil

Postby FishOil » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:09 pm

Sounds like you should be good to go. Classic misbubble situation. Call lsac and let them know what happened. Most likely you will have to pay for a handgrading but that 43 $ is definitely worth +8. Good luck

mediation_86

Postby mediation_86 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:58 pm

apparentlynew wrote:October '10 LSAT: I misbubbled for 10 questions, realized I'd screwed up on 6 of them, fixed those 6. I called LSAC and they told me I could mail a letter and a check for $42 or fax them a letter and my credit card information. Either way, they will manually score your LSAT and get back to you in 7-10 days (according to them). I called LSAC on Tuesday and they confirmed that they got my letter, that's when I heard the 7-10 day estimate. I don't have a response from them yet but I am not optimistic, despite the fact that my many consecutive erasures are visible on the scantron and that my explanation makes sense.

I think that is your only option.

So what was your exact situation? You knowingly misbubbled 10? and got time to correct 6? but the other four were still misbubbled? Wouldnt that be hard to move up or down, especially there are only four misbubbled?

Im wondering if they would look into your answer booklet to verify if you did misbubble? but i think LSAC states that they will not look into the test booklet, and I guess it makes sense since the test booklet really isnt something reliable enough i guess, since erasures or cross outs or even wrong circling may occur and those may not be as accurate as answers directly on the answer sheet.

I have heard they just look at the answer sheet, and see if there is discrepancy with the answers. I hope in my case they can clearly see the 8 answers, that if, shifted downwards woudl result in 8 correct.

Also what did you write in your letter?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”