Re-taking after acceptances for scholarship $$

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re-taking after acceptances for scholarship $$

Postby JJDancer » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:54 pm

I think I have seen people do this and take the Feb exam after some Dec/Jan acceptances and score higher for some scholarship $$.
I've taken the LSAT 3 times so I would need some school to approve it for me but once I cancelled and the other 2 times there was always "something" that went wrong and I scored 4-5 points below where I was PTing.

In any case a Feb score couldn't hurt since most schools don't accept that score for this cycle so it wouldn't hold up my apps right?

A) can i do this?
B) any downsides?

I don't want to risk Dec (later in cycle and what if I don't improve).

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Re-taking after acceptances for scholarship $$

Postby Sandro » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:05 pm

I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a 164 and it seems a 165/166 would greatly improve my chances at my target school(s). Is it feasible to take in Feb and if I do better get off waitlists?

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Re-taking after acceptances for scholarship $$

Postby JJDancer » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:35 pm

Sandro777 wrote:I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a 164 and it seems a 165/166 would greatly improve my chances at my target school(s). Is it feasible to take in Feb and if I do better get off waitlists?


I think that's definitely feasible..I just need to make sure it won't put any apps on hold - can anyone confirm this?

leomon
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Re: Re-taking after acceptances for scholarship $$

Postby leomon » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:22 pm

I have this question too... hope someone will answer it.
</blatant bump>

KatieKat
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 8:38 pm

Re: Re-taking after acceptances for scholarship $$

Postby KatieKat » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:27 am

I don't really know the answer to this question, but what's the worst that can happen? You lose $136 and waste some time studying? If that's ok with you, then go for it. Either don't tell the schools that you're planning to take it in Feb or make it clear to them that you don't want them to hold your application for the Feb score.

User avatar
gbpackerbacker
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 12:13 am

Re: Re-taking after acceptances for scholarship $$

Postby gbpackerbacker » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:44 am

Money will be gone by Feb.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Re-taking after acceptances for scholarship $$

Postby JJDancer » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:44 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=135203

I x-posted there and got better responses.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, Baidu [Spider] and 10 guests