Knewton LSAT Prep

Knewton LSAT Prep

Postby elvenlord21 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:38 pm

Has anyone out there used Knewton or heard anything about it? Is it a good LSAT prep course to take? Right now they have a promotional deal where you can enroll for only $690 before Oct. 20, for their online course. The price seems good, but i don't know anything about the quality of the course.

Thanks to anyone who responds!

Re: Knewton LSAT Prep

Postby LSAT Blog » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:11 pm

One thing that concerns me about Knewton is that they only offer 4-section practice tests, not 5-section ones (last I heard), and you have to print out materials (last time I checked). It also appears to me that it's not possible to print out all the exams, meaning you'd have to take some of them on the computer.

A thread about using paper vs. computerized PrepTests with Knewton, along with some words from their CEO:

Postby 2014 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:43 pm

If you do Knewton, I would definitely print out all of your exams and then just enter the answers online so that they analyze them for you.

They will let you try them out for a week to sit in on the classes. I did the trial and thought the teachers were pretty good and the classes were very interactive.

The best part has to be the 5? point guarantee though, which appears to pretty much have no conditions other than you showing up to class and doing the work.

Postby motiontodismiss » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:40 am

That and 5 PrepTests (for the guarantee). Oh and you have to take a diagnostic before the 2nd session. I'm taking their class right now and only started 2 weeks ago so it's too early to judge if they're any help or not. I did find that their material overlaps with a lot of the Powerscore stuff. (Mostly) the same stuff, different terminology.

You should shop around and not just buy a course because it's the cheapest. I don't know how good Atlas is, but they seem to have a very good product too.

Postby arvcondor » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:05 pm

I took Knewton and found that the instructors went very, very slowly in their lessons. For example:

"So we know that X comes before Y. So where can X NOT be? Where can X NOT be? (waits 10 seconds). Good, guys. X CANNOT be last."

For some, this might be helpful, but for me, it was hugely annoying. There were some good tips I got from the lessons, but most of the benefit was simply having every LSAT question every at my disposal. I think I could have done just as well by practicing over and over again on my own.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”