For October 12 test takers

User avatar
Cromartie
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

For October 12 test takers

Postby Cromartie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:10 pm

What did you guys think? I had LR-RC-LG-LR-RC.

LR was interesting as I recognized a couple of questions from previous PT's and there were several 2-question stems.

I feel pretty great, although I'm certain a 180 is all but impossible due to that 3rd game.

Time to drive home and relax!
Last edited by Cromartie on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: For October test takers

Postby kkklick » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:13 pm

You must be foreign. In North America we havent seen 2 part question stems in about the last 20+ PTs

NYC1010
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: For October test takers

Postby NYC1010 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:13 pm

Can anyone advise? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=132877

User avatar
Cromartie
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby Cromartie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:48 pm

kkklick wrote:You must be foreign. In North America we havent seen 2 part question stems in about the last 20+ PTs


Nope, I took the test in California, but it was the non-Saturday administration. There were several 2-part stems in both LR sections and a couple of the questions seemed to be from some of the earlier PT's (20's and 30's), or at least variations of those questions.

User avatar
Cromartie
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby Cromartie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:18 pm

By the way, the distribution for the LSAT I took is as follows:

LR 25
LG 22
LR 26
RC 27
Total = 100

LR1 and LR2 were both very interesting as they looked more like sections from the 20's and 30's instead of the more recent ones. Several 2-question stems, and I could swear that a couple of the questions were recyled. Also, there was at least 1 question that I think will be thrown out as it had an egregious error (misprint of 1 name).

I'm hoping LG was tough enough to result in an overall -11 curve at minimum. Now that I think more about it, I can also see how RC might have been an issue for a good number of test takers, it just seemed easy to me as RC and LR are my strongest areas.

Any other Tuesday folks out there? Dying to get your feedback.
Last edited by Cromartie on Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby justadude55 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:24 pm

Cromartie wrote:What did you guys think? I had LR-RC-LG-LR-RC. Except for the game about high school teachers and the Bach RC passage, I thought it was pretty easy. Missed a key inference in the game until almost the end and had to semi-guess.

LR was interesting as I recognized a couple of questions from previous PT's and there were several 2-question stems.

I feel pretty great, although I'm certain a 180 is all but impossible due to that 3rd game.

Time to drive home and relax!


i had the same test as you. i

i found the first section very difficult (although i might have just been nervous as it was the 1st section... i didnt get to every question (skipped 1, rushed through 3.). i didn't recognize the LR, and the 2 question stems threw me off. i found some of our questions at the beginning hard and our 15s through 22 unusually easy. also, i normally finish LR with time and skipped a question on both sections and finished RC on time (norm miss a question) so i'm totally confused about what to guess.

i think i got perfect LG and maybe 26/27 on RC but I really don't know what to think about LR cause I approached it based off of PT 50-60.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby justadude55 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:27 pm

Cromartie wrote:By the way, the distribution for the LSAT I took is as follows:

LR 25
LG 22
LR 26
RC 27
Total = 100

LG was ordering (performances and breaks?), grouping (camping equipment), grouping (high school teachers) and sequencing (hats).

RC was native american women, SQUIDS (superconductors), law (cotton shipment court case) and Bach (solo vs. group/chorale).

LR1 and LR2 were both very interesting as they looked more like sections from the 20's and 30's instead of the more recent ones. Several 2-question stems, and I could swear that a couple of the questions were recyled. Also, there was at least 1 question that I think will be thrown out as it had an egregious error (misprint of 1 name).

I'm hoping LG was tough enough to result in an overall -11 curve at minimum. Now that I think more about it, I can also see how RC might have been an issue for a good number of test takers, it just seemed easy to me as RC and LR are my strongest areas.

Any other Tuesday folks out there? Dying to get your feedback.


guess on the curve --

175 at -8 possible?

User avatar
Cromartie
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby Cromartie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:29 pm

justadude55 wrote:
Cromartie wrote:By the way, the distribution for the LSAT I took is as follows:

LR 25
LG 22
LR 26
RC 27
Total = 100

LG was ordering (performances and breaks?), grouping (camping equipment), grouping (high school teachers) and sequencing (hats).

RC was native american women, SQUIDS (superconductors), law (cotton shipment court case) and Bach (solo vs. group/chorale).

LR1 and LR2 were both very interesting as they looked more like sections from the 20's and 30's instead of the more recent ones. Several 2-question stems, and I could swear that a couple of the questions were recyled. Also, there was at least 1 question that I think will be thrown out as it had an egregious error (misprint of 1 name).

I'm hoping LG was tough enough to result in an overall -11 curve at minimum. Now that I think more about it, I can also see how RC might have been an issue for a good number of test takers, it just seemed easy to me as RC and LR are my strongest areas.

Any other Tuesday folks out there? Dying to get your feedback.


guess on the curve --

175 at -8 possible?


I wish. It all hinges on the LG and RC, I think. If I really had to guess, I'd say -10 or -11.

User avatar
Cromartie
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby Cromartie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:30 pm

I think we got the exact same RC as the overseas test takers. Not sure about the other sections. Those folks are probably going to wake up in about an hour or so, so hopefully they can shed some insight into the other sections. Not that it matters at this point.

lsatter
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:58 am

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby lsatter » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:36 pm

Cromartie wrote:I think we got the exact same RC as the overseas test takers. Not sure about the other sections. Those folks are probably going to wake up in about an hour or so, so hopefully they can shed some insight into the other sections. Not that it matters at this point.


You didn't get the European test - possibly the Asian one?

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby justadude55 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:39 pm

ghdf
Last edited by justadude55 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby justadude55 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Cromartie wrote:
lsatter wrote:
Cromartie wrote:I think we got the exact same RC as the overseas test takers. Not sure about the other sections. Those folks are probably going to wake up in about an hour or so, so hopefully they can shed some insight into the other sections. Not that it matters at this point.


You didn't get the European test - possibly the Asian one?


Probably. I saw in one of EugenieDanglars(?) post that she had Bach and SQUIDS as well.

squids wasnt so bad. the q's were easy.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby justadude55 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:41 pm

cromartie, i hate to say this man but i hope u bombed the game. we seem to have approached it from totally different angles. if you're right in where i think you're going, my confidence is shot.

User avatar
Cromartie
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby Cromartie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:45 pm

justadude55 wrote:cromartie, i hate to say this man but i hope u bombed the game. we seem to have approached it from totally different angles. if you're right in where i think you're going, my confidence is shot.


Well, even if I'm right, I'm still not confident about half of my answers on that game, so you'll probably get your wish either way. Hehe.

I am very confident in both LR's and in RC. LG will be the wild card for me...which is essentially just a continuation of my PT performances anyway. Damn you, LG.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby justadude55 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:46 pm

Cromartie wrote:
justadude55 wrote:cromartie, i hate to say this man but i hope u bombed the game. we seem to have approached it from totally different angles. if you're right in where i think you're going, my confidence is shot.


Well, even if I'm right, I'm still not confident about half of my answers on that game, so you'll probably get your wish either way. Hehe.

I am very confident in both LR's and in RC (maybe not as much with Bach relative to the other 3 passages). LG will be the wild card for me...which is essentially just a continuation of my PT performances anyway. Damn you, LG.

what was your p/t LR percentage?

User avatar
Cromartie
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby Cromartie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:52 pm

justadude55 wrote:
Cromartie wrote:
justadude55 wrote:cromartie, i hate to say this man but i hope u bombed the game. we seem to have approached it from totally different angles. if you're right in where i think you're going, my confidence is shot.


Well, even if I'm right, I'm still not confident about half of my answers on that game, so you'll probably get your wish either way. Hehe.

I am very confident in both LR's and in RC (maybe not as much with Bach relative to the other 3 passages). LG will be the wild card for me...which is essentially just a continuation of my PT performances anyway. Damn you, LG.

what was your p/t LR percentage?


Usually no more than -1 per section, if at all I missed any. Same goes for RC. LG I sometimes went as high as -4, so that will probably hold true in the actual as well.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:58 pm

..

User avatar
Cromartie
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby Cromartie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:59 pm

On a lighter note... one of our proctors was pretty cute. Thankfully, she was dressed like an Amish/Quaker woman (long skirt, long-sleeved blouse with frills and stuff), so that somewhat mitigated the level of distraction.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby justadude55 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:13 pm

Cromartie wrote:On a lighter note... one of our proctors was pretty cute. Thankfully, she was dressed like an Amish/Quaker woman (long skirt, long-sleeved blouse with frills and stuff), so that somewhat mitigated the level of distraction.

lol we had the dean of the school. 2 proctors for 2 people, and the dude watched us take the test. was a little uncomfortable, never had someone watch me before... def slowed me down at 1st. he literally put his hand an inch from my hand when he looked down to see what section i was on. if i was a less patient individual, i might have popped him in the jaw. did he have people breath down his throat when he took his exams under timed constraints? dont get why the dean would proctor a test. imagine that wouldnt happen at harvard.

User avatar
Cromartie
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby Cromartie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:21 pm

justadude55 wrote:
Cromartie wrote:On a lighter note... one of our proctors was pretty cute. Thankfully, she was dressed like an Amish/Quaker woman (long skirt, long-sleeved blouse with frills and stuff), so that somewhat mitigated the level of distraction.

lol we had the dean of the school. 2 proctors for 2 people, and the dude watched us take the test. was a little uncomfortable, never had someone watch me before... def slowed me down at 1st. he literally put his hand an inch from my hand when he looked down to see what section i was on. if i was a less patient individual, i might have popped him in the jaw. did he have people breath down his throat when he took his exams under timed constraints? dont get why the dean would proctor a test. imagine that wouldnt happen at harvard.


Wow, and I thought my crowd was small. We had about 15 people in the room and 2 proctors, both ladies in their mid- to late 20's. They were nice, too. They actually brought a bunch of pencils and made them available for anyone who needed them. Also, they let people go to the restroom even when they had already started reading the basic instructions. I almost objected to that since I wanted to take the test ASAP and didn't appreciate the delays, but decided I'd rather not invite bad vibes to come my way.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby justadude55 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:57 pm

yeah i wanted to take it out of the city because the whole bed bug epidemic and as weird as this might sound, my average scores in places that had bed bugs was in the low 160s (i.e. significantly below my 1st time when i took it cold) in places with bed bugs as opposed to no bed bugs -- a 15 pt difference, but it was in a hick town. dont know how i did. i felt uncomfortable not cause of the material, but being watched. idk how much that influenced me. didnt think to have practiced it.

User avatar
Cromartie
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby Cromartie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Haha, I don't think anyone would ever think of prepping for the LSAT by having someone breathe down their neck while they were taking PT's.

What do you think the curve will be for this test?
Last edited by Cromartie on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby justadude55 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:08 pm

idk. i dont wanna sound like a jerk because i'm not cocky and may have bombed this test, but on every PT i've taken (except for where they bring in the 3rd variable like the 4th 1 in the june test), i can do the games in my head and just make notes of my deductions.

i found this game section very easy... at least compared to 59 and 60. i also didn't find the reading comp so bad (idk if this is cause ive gotten better at reading comp or it was easy in relation).

it was only 100 questions.

59 was -14 for a 170 out of 101
60 was a -12 for 170 out of 99 but a much harder games.

i would settle for -12. hopefully, people found the games hard?????

i found the LR very hard, particularly section 1. idk if this was because it was the 1st section and i froze up or im overestimating it (with games and every non-LR RC, you can normally be close to 100% sure when you answer something). i tend to always think im dumber than i actually am so idk. i know i definitely skipped 2, and rushed through 4 LR questions which has me bummed.

User avatar
Cromartie
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby Cromartie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:28 pm

justadude55 wrote:idk. i dont wanna sound like a jerk because i'm not cocky and may have bombed this test, but on every PT i've taken (except for where they bring in the 3rd variable like the 4th 1 in the june test), i can do the games in my head and just make notes of my deductions.

i found this game section very easy... at least compared to 59 and 60. i also didn't find the reading comp so bad (idk if this is cause ive gotten better at reading comp or it was easy in relation).

it was only 100 questions.

59 was -14 for a 170 out of 101
60 was a -12 for 170 out of 99 but a much harder games.

i would settle for -12. hopefully, people found the games hard?????

i found the LR very hard, particularly section 1. idk if this was because it was the 1st section and i froze up or im overestimating it (with games and every non-LR RC, you can normally be close to 100% sure when you answer something). i tend to always think im dumber than i actually am so idk. i know i definitely skipped 2, and rushed through 4 LR questions which has me bummed.


Well, I hope you just found games easy because you're really good at them, else there's a possibility we might be looking at a -8 if they were really that easy. I didn't think LR was hard at all, and RC was also not hard. Then again, maybe LR and RC is to me as games are to you, and most of the test takers, including those who took the sections as experimentals in the past, fall somewhere in between.

When you really think about it, the games in PT 60 were pretty easy too.

boogie with stu
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:05 pm

Re: For October 12 test takers

Postby boogie with stu » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:47 pm

Is the curve for this test the same as the sat. test?

Because many seem to be guessing -11 http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=132437&view=viewpoll

But it also says that they had 101 questions and according to the post here we only had 100 (I can't remember how many i had. it's all just a blur).

Also, is it okay to mention a question (not any of the answers) to get people's opinions on what the experimental section was?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: badhombre, Baidu [Spider], bcapace, Yahoo [Bot] and 21 guests