Prep Schedule for December LSAT... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JurisDoctorate

Bronze

Prep Schedule for December LSAT...

Post by JurisDoctorate » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:30 pm

I'm thinking of this:

Working through Lessons 1-12 of Powerscore's course
Working through HW 1-12 of Powerscore's course
Working through the Kaplan 180 book
Working through the Logic Games by Type for 1-39 from Cambridge LSAT
Doing PT 45-61

Monday - 5 Games, 1 Lesson
Tuesday - 5 Games, 1 Homework
Wednesday - Full 5-section PT
Thursday - 5 Games, 1 Lesson
Friday - 5 Games, 1 Homework
Saturday - Full 5-section PT

Doing that until the PS stuff is done and then substituting the Kaplan 180 in for it.

Now, it's probably important to know what my weaknesses and goals are:

Right now,
I range from a 42/50 - 45/50 on LR. I thought of buying the LR by Question type, but I think that could be overkill. I'd love to hear any opinions, though.
I range from a -3 to a -7 (with the -7 being very infrequent, now) on LG and I want to walk in on 12/12 with full confidence that i'll get a -0.
I range from a -3 to a -7 (with the -7 being more common) on RC and I feel that this is not as learnable, but will be improved from sheer practice (as well as the Lessons and HW on it).

So, what do you think?

JurisDoctorate

Bronze

Re: Prep Schedule for December LSAT...

Post by JurisDoctorate » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Sorry to be a pest; I'm meeting my tutor in a few hours and I'd like to come to her with a pretty good schedule. Do you feel this would be an adequate way to attack the test?

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:07 pm

looks good for logic games, but dont forget to keep up with RC and LR!!

JurisDoctorate

Bronze

Post by JurisDoctorate » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:17 pm

northwood wrote:looks good for logic games, but dont forget to keep up with RC and LR!!
Thanks. I figured I will learn a bit about LR from the Kaplan 180 and doing HW and reading lessons about each type of LR question. As for RC, yesterday felt the best because it was the first time I diagrammed and read each word in my head; I also started seeing through the questions and recognizing the land mines. I feel practice will rule the day for RC, same with LG. LG just has to be focused, specific practice so I can almost absorb the strategies, and implicit nature, of LG's. As for LR, I just don't feel I have too much room for improvement. Even the top dogs miss 3-5 on both LR's and I am at about 5-7 - at the moment. Once I have a chance to formally look at all types of questions and read about the tough ones in Kaplan 180, I think I'll get where I need to be.

This whole prep is a little gross. I feel like I had a *chance* at getting what I needed yesterday and all of this prep will only give me a really good chance, 9 weeks from now ;)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”