Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
toshiroh

Bronze

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by toshiroh » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:28 am

Nothing too weird happened outside my test center, besides two idiots singing we are the champions and annoying everyone before the test.

Tyr

Bronze

Post by Tyr » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:38 am

It's second-hand information, but my friend told me that another taker was bragging about how he was certain he'll do well enough to get into Drake.

Split90

New

Post by Split90 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:23 pm

ScottRiqui wrote:
Split90 wrote:
ScottRiqui wrote:
ltrego wrote:^Similar story.

Woman: "I forgot to get my picture taken. Do you think it will matter?"
Me: "Uh. Yeah. The directions were pretty clear."
Woman: "I guess we'll have to see."

She continues to stand in line behind me to get into the test.

They actually took her to one of the LS prof's office, took her pic, and printed it for her. Talk about a super nice proctor team.
There was a girl last administration who didn't have a ticket photo, but brought her passport for ID. She ended up cutting the photo out of her passport to affix to her ticket.

lol
i was drinking my water and spilled it all over my ipad once i read your comment. so funny!
is this really real?
I heard the passport one second-hand, so can't vouch for it. But there was a woman at my test center who did the same thing, except that she used her driver's license photo.

She cut out the plastic? Man she was desperate. Lol wonder how she glued that thing on the ticket.

I saw a girl crying because she forgot to bring her id to the center. She didn't make it. Sad...:/

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:58 pm

wlee1220 wrote:Standing in line to sign in for the test:
Frat Dude 1: Hey brah, didn't know you were taking this today?
Dude 2: Yea man, I need to do something with my life, so I was like, fuck it, why not be a lawyer?
Dude 1: Yea brah. How many times have you taken this thing before?
Dude 2: This is my first time man. I took like 2 practice tests and got a 156 so I was like I'm ready to rock this shit!!
Dude 1: Hell yea, brah!!! I'm hoping for a 155, and [random dude] got a 160 his first time, and I know I'm smarter than him, so...
Dude 1 and Dude 2 give each other high fives

Inside the test room:
Girl 1: Yea, so I'm only here because my dad is paying for this. He doesn't even know I really want to be a social worker. Fml
Me: Why don't you just tell your dad that? There's probably more jobs right now in social work than law anyway...
Girl 2: Fuck off asshole!!! That's horrible advice.
Me: WTF?????
Girl 1: Whatever. My dad's paying for it all, so I don't care. I'll just use my law degree and still become a social worker.
Me: Uh....good luck with that.

During the break:
Guy: How do you think you're doing so far?
Me: Man, I can't really tell. My timing for the games was a little off.
Guy: What games???
Me: Logic Games.
Guy: Those math things???
Me: Uh...I guess man. You know, the questions where they give you a set of facts and rules for how to use them....
Guy: Well I wouldn't worry too much man. You only need a 150 to go to [TTT school where we were taking the LSAT] anyway....
Me: I'm not really sure I want to go here man....
Guy: Oh man don't tell me you're one of those Harvard or bust [dudes]??? When will you people learn that it's not where you go but it's what you do with what they give you when you get there (Not sure if that's how he said it but it was some weird, trying to be deep but failing shit)?
Me: Thanks for that man. I'm just gonna walk away now.

I really work hard at being cordial to people but today was just incredibly weird....
It's really surprising how many people are still clueless about this. At my test center, people were shocked that I was a 4th time taker and that I would retake a 163 because "that's such a good score." A few people I talked to wanted 150. This middle aged woman just wanted a 155 so she can attend the local TTTT. I live in Cali.

jingosaur

Gold

Post by jingosaur » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:24 pm

PourMeTea wrote:Overheard someone telling another taker about Top-Law-Schools and how "they" hate Georgetown, and explained "T14". Nothing too exciting but I was just shitgrinning nearby.
You should have told her who you are and then autographed something for her.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:11 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:34 pm

foundingfather wrote:
john7234797 wrote:There was def. a TLSer in my room. I would have asked handle but that might draw some weird looks.
There was def a TLSer in my testing room as well. Black ticonderogas... I think it's highly unlikely anyone outside the TLS community would know to purchase those.
Those are garbage pencils that fill garbage stores. You can get a pack at any given Walmart. You don't have to be a TLSer to buy those; I used them throughout high school (when I didn't know better).

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:35 pm

Post removed.

retaking23

Bronze

Post by retaking23 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:44 pm

I was in a room with over 250 people.

During 15 minute break:

Guy1: W'sup man. What do you think so far?
Guy2: It's ok. I wonder if my experimental was one of the first three.
Guy1: Damn man, I couldn't even concentrate. So many hot bitches around me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mauve.Dino

Bronze

Post by Mauve.Dino » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:03 pm

retaking23 wrote:I was in a room with over 250 people.

During 15 minute break:

BWAHAHAHA!!!

*coffee through nose*

bbkk

Silver

Post by bbkk » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:24 pm

I don't really buy the passport story. I've heard it for multiple times but all hearsay. I am thinking, if she cut out the photo from her passport, she would then fail to meet the ID rule ("You must have a valid government-issued ID...contains a recent and recognizable photo." - LSAC). But who knows, some of the proctors seem really "nice." :roll:

Tyr

Bronze

Post by Tyr » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:22 pm

retaking23 wrote:I was in a room with over 250 people.

During 15 minute break:

It's obvious that Guy1 is a TLSer.

John Winger

New

Post by John Winger » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Proctor kept mentioning he had a date to be at and wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. Somebody mentioned to him that he was wearing a wedding ring. His response, "To wives and lovers, may they never meet."

I LOL'D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

attackpizza

New

Post by attackpizza » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Our test center was really chilly and we were offered the option to move rooms, but everyone preferred to stay put and get going except one woman. She made two scenes before the test started saying that the temp was unacceptable, even though everyone else cam prepared with warm layers. Then she started rambling about how she works in university facilities and how her complaint would make [XX] State lose money because LSAC would never hold a test administration there again.

No one else wanted to move, so she put up a fight and eventually the woman in charge just moved her, procedure be damned, to save a scene. Once she was gone, the proctor said "Nothing is going to help her."

I was happy with my cold room -- it keeps you awake, dummy!

There were also a lot of people who were totally clueless when it came to filling out the test forms and one guy who kept bubbling after time was called, but no write-ups.

Dr.Zer0

Silver

Post by Dr.Zer0 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:00 pm

Some of the proctors were super paranoid at my testing center. They made everyone that had a water bottle remove the label. Then they just went overboard by asking everyone who had a snack to remove the wrapper :shock: Some guy next to me was so annoyed he looked at the proctors and said "Oh no, now where am I gonna hide my outline for the writing section".

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:08 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zipehtzin

New

Post by zipehtzin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:16 pm

During the middle of a section, a test taker in my room entered some kind of anxious/nervous fit where they rubbed the tops of their legs with the palms of their hands, moving their hands from the upper legs down to their knees, then back up towards their pelvis, back and forth in a slow, deliberate, rhythmic manner. Normally I wouldn't pay much attention to something like this, because normally one would not perform this action for more than one or two cycles of rubbing down and up. In an otherwise quiet testing room, this insufferable chafing sound persisted for 15 seconds, conservatively estimating the actual time (under LSAT conditions, it felt like much, much longer). After 5 seconds, I wondered why this individual had not stopped rubbing their legs, after 10 seconds I wondered why nobody had said anything, after 15 seconds I thought I was going crazy.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:30 pm

Post removed.

Split90

New

Post by Split90 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:26 pm

Last year, I was helping the test center. One lady (seems like a mother of someone taking the test) literally jumped into me and started yalling at me her d was not on the list even though she had registered. Oh my gosh.... that was crazy.

t0va89

New

Post by t0va89 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:52 pm

Proctor: "Does anyone have any questions before we begin? Yes, you in the back?"

Boy: "Can we take off our shoes during the exam?"

… Thank goodness I wasn't sitting next to him.

IgosduIkana

Bronze

Post by IgosduIkana » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:21 pm

A girl at our testing facility got to the room while we were in the ssn-bubbling phase, she was told by the proctor that she couldn't bring her phone into the testing room, and so she had to go all the way back to her car to drop off her phone, and finally she was able to start the test with us. I guess she filled in the personal info during the break or something.

This said, I would have been happy to tap her.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:36 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

vicpin5190

Silver

Post by vicpin5190 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:59 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
IgosduIkana wrote:A girl at our testing facility got to the room while we were in the ssn-bubbling phase, she was told by the proctor that she couldn't bring her phone into the testing room, and so she had to go all the way back to her car to drop off her phone, and finally she was able to start the test with us. I guess she filled in the personal info during the break or something.

This said, I would have been happy to tap her.
I walked into my test center right before 8:30 only to realize I still had my phone in my pocket so I had to book it like a total n00b back to my car and it was v conspicuous.

But yeah, this is pretty common. Back in October, the security guard at my test center came into the lobby and made an announcement before check-in that they could not store bags and cell-phones and to stop asking.
Proctors at my test center were very chill about the phone. They let me just hand it in prior to the start and I picked it up afterward. To be honest I really liked my proctors. Very organized and with it. Sympathetic to the cause.

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:21 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
foundingfather wrote:
john7234797 wrote:There was def. a TLSer in my room. I would have asked handle but that might draw some weird looks.
There was def a TLSer in my testing room as well. Black ticonderogas... I think it's highly unlikely anyone outside the TLS community would know to purchase those.
Those are garbage pencils that fill garbage stores. You can get a pack at any given Walmart. You don't have to be a TLSer to buy those; I used them throughout high school (when I didn't know better).
You're so much better than those ticonderoga users.

drevo

Bronze

Post by drevo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:33 am

ManoftheHour wrote:It's really surprising how many people are still clueless about this. At my test center, people were shocked that I was a 4th time taker and that I would retake a 163 because "that's such a good score." A few people I talked to wanted 150. This middle aged woman just wanted a 155 so she can attend the local TTTT. I live in Cali.
It blows me away that people are still clueless as they are taking the LSAT. I have mentioned law school for years to my parents and family and even if I never once read a newspaper or news site I would have been well informed to the shittiness of the legal field. I have been sent plenty of articles from my dad and others about how majority of law school grads are shit out of luck job wise. And this was long before I even had decided I was going to take the LSAT and actually go to law school. I just don't get how people can be so ignorant to the world around them. The terrible investment that is most law schools has been well publicized outside of just legal communities.
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Those are garbage pencils that fill garbage stores. You can get a pack at any given Walmart. You don't have to be a TLSer to buy those; I used them throughout high school (when I didn't know better).
I had never once heard of or seen a black ticon until TLS. Though I winded up using TRIcons I still liked the regular Ticons. Then again I've never once given thought to a pencil before LSAT prep aside from "is it .5 or .7 lead."

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”