Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
paratactical

Platinum

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by paratactical » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:00 pm

Marlo - some places don't check people's stuff very well or have proctors who give zero fucks, so it can happen.

RedBird - you would be surprised how easy it can be to find out who someone is online.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:00 pm

Last edited by Clearly on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thederangedwang

Silver

Post by thederangedwang » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:02 pm

marlo45 wrote:No more hateful responses?

Alright, i'm fucking with you. I didn't/couldn't go back to any section even if i wanted to because i was sitting right in front of one of the proctors (his desk was 3 feet from mine). I didn't/couldn't bring a digital timer because they check your shit. I didn't/couldn't bring blank/plain paper for the aforementioned reason.

Why can't we bring blank paper to the test site for diagramming? A simple (no alarm) digital timer? And why the fuck can't the test be given as a whole where you can benefit from your strengths to offset your weaknesses?

LSAC, fuck you. I might be sitting the Oct. test, though, so don't hold that against me.
so, in other words, you would have cheated if you could have

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:03 pm

and I was right.

marlo45

New

Post by marlo45 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:05 pm

thederangedwang wrote:

Alright, i'm fucking with you. I didn't/couldn't go back to any section even if i wanted to because i was sitting right in front of one of the proctors (his desk was 3 feet from mine). I didn't/couldn't bring a digital timer because they check your shit. I didn't/couldn't bring blank/plain paper for the aforementioned reason.

Why can't we bring blank paper to the test site for diagramming? A simple (no alarm) digital timer? And why the fuck can't the test be given as a whole where you can benefit from your strengths to offset your weaknesses?

LSAC, fuck you. I might be sitting the Oct. test, though, so don't hold that against me.
My posts were meant to ridicule the things i think put test takers at a disadvantage. These rules have nothing to do with one's aptitude. Thanks for playing, though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RedBirds2011

Silver

Post by RedBirds2011 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:05 pm

paratactical wrote:Marlo - some places don't check people's stuff very well or have proctors who give zero fucks, so it can happen.

RedBird - you would be surprised how easy it can be to find out who someone is online.

You would have to have pretty detailed posts. And even then, whoever was accusing you of cheating would have an awfully difficult time proving it was the actual person IRL just by TLS posts alone.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:06 pm

RedBirds2011 wrote:
sunynp wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Nova wrote: I hope you are joking. Be careful what you say on TLS. You are not that anonymous.
Yeah, there's an aspie army forming as we speak...
In addition to the aspie army there is the LSAT security firm that posts here after each exam. You might want to consider that they read TLS posts. That is what they get paid to do. Granted, I don't know if the security firm looks for people who claim publicly that they cheated on the LSAT. Not many people are both stupid enough to cheat and stupid enough to brag about it on an online forum

If I were you I would edit my posts. I'm very risk averse though. :)

Not condoning at all what Marlo claimed to do, but come on how the hell would someone ever know who someone is on here?

Edit: without of course the person flat of saying it or having a super detailed post that outs them.
Your edit is correct. This narrows it down a bit,
Marlo wrote:Ok, i'm a URM (black) in undergrad, living in NYC, and i need some tips.
Marlo wrote:I scored a 166, which is good because that was my average going in. However, up to test day i knew i needed more time to get as comfortable with the LSAT as i needed to be, but i wanted to get it out of the way so that i could focus on maintaining my GPA (between 3.9 & 4.0 ATM).
Marlo wrote: i'm a late entrant to the college game (32yo set to graduate next June).
Marlo wrote:I'm not far removed from entertaining thoughts of living in Florida (UF in mind; lots of family out there);
When he matriculates, how many students at his new school will likely have that profile?

Not that it matters, since he is obviously kidding.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:08 pm

marlo45 wrote:
thederangedwang wrote:

My posts were meant to ridicule the things i think put test takers at a disadvantage. These rules have nothing to do with one's aptitude. Thanks for playing, though.
Efficiently dealing with the disadvantages, IMO, measures aptitude.

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:09 pm

Enough shitting up the thread. MORE LULZ.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:14 pm

The proctor asked us if anyone was taking the LSAT to start law school this fall, or if we were all taking it to apply for next year. One girl said she was taking it to apply for this fall.

I was like O.o

Perstephanie

New

Post by Perstephanie » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:14 pm

PennBull wrote:Enough shitting up the thread. MORE LULZ.
This.

Perstephanie

New

Post by Perstephanie » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:16 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:The proctor asked us if anyone was taking the LSAT to start law school this fall, or if we were all taking it to apply for next year. One girl said she was taking it to apply for this fall.

I was like O.o
I've gotten a lot of e-mails from 3rd and 4th tier schools that are like "You can totally still apply with a June score!"

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:17 pm

Perstephanie wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:The proctor asked us if anyone was taking the LSAT to start law school this fall, or if we were all taking it to apply for next year. One girl said she was taking it to apply for this fall.

I was like O.o
I've gotten a lot of e-mails from 3rd and 4th tier schools that are like "You can totally still apply with a June score!"
Haha yeah "Widener School of Law...APPLY NOW! Scholarships and candy for everyone"

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

katesearches

New

Post by katesearches » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:20 pm

I was pretty much in a daze most of the time, but there was this one girl who was talking really loudly during the break.

"That was SO easy. I know I did really well on it. I mean, it can't be anything but easy for me, I don't know about you guys."

I was so tempted to turn around, glare at her and tell her to shut up. Maybe I was more sensitive than usual, but it just rubbed me the wrong way, kinda obnoxious.

RedBirds2011

Silver

Post by RedBirds2011 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:31 pm

katesearches wrote:I was pretty much in a daze most of the time, but there was this one girl who was talking really loudly during the break.

"That was SO easy. I know I did really well on it. I mean, it can't be anything but easy for me, I don't know about you guys."

I was so tempted to turn around, glare at her and tell her to shut up. Maybe I was more sensitive than usual, but it just rubbed me the wrong way, kinda obnoxious.

"I mean it can't be anything but easy for me"

Lolwut. I fucking hate people lol

sabanist

Silver

Post by sabanist » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:32 pm

It's amazing how angry people can get at the proctors who are just telling them the rules.
One girl was positively ENRAGED by the fact that she couldn't bring her sunglasses in, which I can sort of understand because I don't really remember them being explicitly prohibited, but the attitude she got as soon as someone told her "no" made all my sympathy disappear. There was a bulletin board in the hallway, and the proctor was trying to be helpful and suggested she hide her sunglasses on top of it. It was tall and thick enough that no one would have noticed unless they were actively looking for something up there, but the girl started turning red and goes, "You don't understand. These are RAY-BANS. They are EXPENSIVE." She starts going into borderline tantrum mode, and starts whining, "Well I WOULD call my ride to come pick them up, but I couldn't bring my PHONE." She doesn't even wait for someone to offer before demanding to use the proctor's phone. I was appalled. I can't imagine being that rude to anyone for something that wasn't their fault, let alone someone who would be handling my answer sheet...

At the break, same girl was trying to talk about the test right in front of the proctors, and some of us were avoiding her like the plague, but we could overhear her. She said, "I just stopped reading after ___. This is stupid. Can I just leave after Section 5? You don't actually have to write the sample. So I think I'll just leave."

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:34 pm

I had over 100 people in my room and not one funny thing happened. Two things come close I guess:

1. We were on the 12th floor and saw an accident happen around noon on the freeway coming to the test site. 5 lanes of traffic blocked and we were like "I bunch of ppl taking the LSAT just shit themselves." Not funny at all, really, 'cause two people got in an accident and loads of people were inconvenienced, but it happened.

2. After reading directions the proctor asked if anyone had questions, one guy asked how much time we'd have for each section. Again, wasn't laugh-out-loud funny, but def one of those movements when you're like "did you study for this thing at all???"

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:37 pm

sabanist wrote:It's amazing how angry people can get at the proctors who are just telling them the rules.
One girl was positively ENRAGED by the fact that she couldn't bring her sunglasses in, which I can sort of understand because I don't really remember them being explicitly prohibited, but the attitude she got as soon as someone told her "no" made all my sympathy disappear. There was a bulletin board in the hallway, and the proctor was trying to be helpful and suggested she hide her sunglasses on top of it. It was tall and thick enough that no one would have noticed unless they were actively looking for something up there, but the girl started turning red and goes, "You don't understand. These are RAY-BANS. They are EXPENSIVE." She starts going into borderline tantrum mode, and starts whining, "Well I WOULD call my ride to come pick them up, but I couldn't bring my PHONE." She doesn't even wait for someone to offer before demanding to use the proctor's phone. I was appalled. I can't imagine being that rude to anyone for something that wasn't their fault, let alone someone who would be handling my answer sheet...

At the break, same girl was trying to talk about the test right in front of the proctors, and some of us were avoiding her like the plague, but we could overhear her. She said, "I just stopped reading after ___. This is stupid. Can I just leave after Section 5? You don't actually have to write the sample. So I think I'll just leave."
What a bitch. Its understandable to be a little high strung on such an important day, but damn.
Micdiddy wrote: 2. After reading directions the proctor asked if anyone had questions, one guy asked how much time we'd have for each section. Again, wasn't laugh-out-loud funny, but def one of those movements when you're like "did you study for this thing at all???"
Apparently not.
Last edited by Nova on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ookoshi

Bronze

Post by ookoshi » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:38 pm

During the LSAT yesterday I felt really bad for the girl next to me. Whenever the 5 minute warning was called, she would go ahead and fill in all C's for any of the questions she hadn't gotten to. That was fine and good strategy and all that, but I noticed after section 5 while they were picking up the answer sheets, that her answer sheet had large tracts of straight lines at the bottom of every section (including over half of one section). I'm pretty sure she didn't even get to 1/2 of the questions on the LSAT.

Honey_Badger

Bronze

Post by Honey_Badger » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:44 pm

Perstephanie wrote:

I was like O.o
Barry University, Class of 2015!

T00L

Silver

Post by T00L » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:52 pm

SaintsTheMetal wrote:Proctor stopped our writing section 8 minutes early

I didn't get to finish >:-|

After collecting it the other proctor realizes the mistake and we get to finish after I pre-maturely wrapped up my argument :evil:

oh well. uneventful at JFK U in Concord. some kid working on LR while she was collecting the tests was about all I saw.
No offense, but I would have jumped for joy if this had happened. My mind was fully focussed on how much beer I was going to obliterate in 8 minutes at precisely the time you (almost) got excused.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:59 pm

Telling you that you cheated is a "hateful response?" You're a fucking retard. THAT is a hateful response.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:10 pm

bjsesq wrote:
Telling you that you cheated is a "hateful response?" You're a fucking retard. THAT is a hateful response.
This is great. I knew marlo sucked.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:10 pm

T00L wrote:
SaintsTheMetal wrote:Proctor stopped our writing section 8 minutes early

I didn't get to finish >:-|

After collecting it the other proctor realizes the mistake and we get to finish after I pre-maturely wrapped up my argument :evil:

oh well. uneventful at JFK U in Concord. some kid working on LR while she was collecting the tests was about all I saw.
No offense, but I would have jumped for joy if this had happened. My mind was fully focussed on how much beer I was going to obliterate in 8 minutes at precisely the time you (almost) got excused.
Same here, I was done in 10 min, spend 20 min forming my opinion of the test while watching other people write their 12th paragraph in tiny letters at the bottom of the back of the page lol.

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:15 pm

Enjoy your vacation, dick.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”