Powerscore vs. Testmasters Online Prep Courses

amber.burke
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:16 am

Powerscore vs. Testmasters Online Prep Courses

Postby amber.burke » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:26 am

I am currently deployed to Iraq and studying for the LSAT. I am planning on taking the February 2011 LSAT in order to apply for the Army JAG program to attend law school. I have the Powerscore bibles and have been studying with those, but would like to take an online course. After reading reviews for the different online prep courses, Testmasters and Powerscore seem to be the top choices for most students. Has anyone taken either of those online courses? I talked to someone at Testmasters, and their course seems more suited for me; I can log in to take the classes around my schedule. Powerscore has set times for their classes from what the website is saying, but after using their books, I don't want to enroll in Testmasters and have the material presented be different than what is taught in the Powerscore books and be confused. I would just like to hear opinions from students who took either of those courses online before I make a decision. Thanks!!!

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: Powerscore vs. Testmasters Online Prep Courses

Postby typ3 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:17 am

Testmasters class won't differ considerably from Powerscore.


None of the test companies differ considerably, however Powerscore and Testmasters are the two best. You might want to look into Knewton or Blueprint though. I've heard really good results from people who have taken those classes.

User avatar
Atlas LSAT Teacher
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 10:18 am

Re: Powerscore vs. Testmasters Online Prep Courses

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:05 pm

If you're looking beyond those two companies, we do both live online and recorded self-study courses. You can search this forum for some reviews and comparisons. Good luck!

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Powerscore vs. Testmasters Online Prep Courses

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:12 pm

The single most important consideration between the two courses should be your ability to "attend" each & every class.

User avatar
longdaysjourney
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:47 pm

Re: Powerscore vs. Testmasters Online Prep Courses

Postby longdaysjourney » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:18 pm

Atlas LSAT Teacher wrote:If you're looking beyond those two companies, we do both live online and recorded self-study courses. You can search this forum for some reviews and comparisons. Good luck!


This class took me from 165 range to 175 range...I'd recommend it.

bp colin
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Powerscore vs. Testmasters Online Prep Courses

Postby bp colin » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:29 pm

We at Blueprint offer a fully comprehensive course that you might want to check out. It includes every released LSAT problem, and you can do the lessons whenever you want - we have students who take it all over the world, and as long as you've got an internet connection, you're good. We also updated the entire course just a few weeks ago. If you're interested you can check it out on our website, and you can PM me if you've got any other questions.

xela kebert
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Powerscore vs. Testmasters Online Prep Courses

Postby xela kebert » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:40 pm

bp colin wrote:We at Blueprint offer a fully comprehensive course that you might want to check out. It includes every released LSAT problem, and you can do the lessons whenever you want - we have students who take it all over the world, and as long as you've got an internet connection, you're good. We also updated the entire course just a few weeks ago. If you're interested you can check it out on our website, and you can PM me if you've got any other questions.


Don't use Blueprint...I called and left a message twice and nobody returned my call in a week. When I succeeded in getting someone on the phone they were rude.

bhan87
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: Powerscore vs. Testmasters Online Prep Courses

Postby bhan87 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:14 pm

xela kebert wrote:
bp colin wrote:We at Blueprint offer a fully comprehensive course that you might want to check out. It includes every released LSAT problem, and you can do the lessons whenever you want - we have students who take it all over the world, and as long as you've got an internet connection, you're good. We also updated the entire course just a few weeks ago. If you're interested you can check it out on our website, and you can PM me if you've got any other questions.


Don't use Blueprint...I called and left a message twice and nobody returned my call in a week. When I succeeded in getting someone on the phone they were rude.



Don't trust this post. I've contacted Blueprint on multiple occasions and I've always received a prompt response from a Blueprint staff member (notably Kaity Johnson) who was patient in answering all the questions I had regarding the course. I would recommend emailing them if you have any questions about the course because they are more than willing to accommodate you. You can judge for yourself the quality of customer service they offer.

I've actually ordered the Blueprint online course as a supplement to Blueprint's regular course (heavily discounted of course). I'm finding that the online course could serve as a very suitable replacement to the regular course if needed. The website has recorded lessons of all of Blueprint's lectures and thorough explanations for all the homework questions. The recorded lectures are all standard length lectures just like the ones you would get going through Blueprint's normal course. They recently updated all their videos with new animations that assist in the explanations for all the questions they cover in the lectures. In addition, many of the homework questions seem to have video explanations as well (if they don't have a video explanation, most have an audio explanation available).

The grading system for your practice tests is also handled quite well on the website. They have a form where you input all your answers and it will generate a result summary that breaks down your strengths and weaknesses. I'm unsure whether the other companies offer such a system, but these result summaries are extremely useful in understanding your weaknesses.

In summary, I would say the main attraction to using Blueprint is the recorded lectures. I don't believe any other company offers this feature, which makes Blueprint the closest you can get to having a regular in-person course.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests