PT 33 LG - One of the hardest ever? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
kpuc

Bronze

PT 33 LG - One of the hardest ever?

Post by kpuc » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:37 pm

PT 33 has two of the most frequently cited "hardest games ever" in them: the Birds in the Forest game and the Jewelry game.

If you can do this section under timed conditions with only a -1, can you be fairly confident that you're solid on LGs?

Adjudicator

Silver

Re: PT 33 LG - One of the hardest ever?

Post by Adjudicator » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:45 pm

I suspect that more recent tests might have more similarity to what is likely to be on the upcoming tests. Try PT57 and see how you do. I haven't done PT60 yet but I hear awful things about the LG. I imagine if you can handle those, you are probably prepared for whatever they will throw at us in the near future.

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:51 pm

Yes, 3 out of 4 Games on 33 are among the "hardest ever" according to Cambridge.

If you can do well on it, then thats great, but you need to be able to do well on this and maybe 4 others before you can be super confident. It might be that there is one type of game that you won't know how to work, that isn't on this PT.

kpuc

Bronze

Post by kpuc » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:20 pm

Damn, just tried to take PT 56 and stopped after bombing the first section, which was LG. First game messed me up because of all the templates that you had to make (I tried to solve it theoretically) and the fourth game just had confusing rules: when it said that certain events had to take place after other events, I didn't know if they meant immediately or not.

Oh well. Another gap in my knowledge to be fixed.

Blindc1rca

Bronze

Post by Blindc1rca » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:18 pm

sure that one was pretty hard, mostly birds in a forest. it's great for learning though because BIF became a template for future in-out games. my list (NOT in order of difficulty) is the following

PT13 (f*cking clans!)
PT14 (just for game 3)
PT23
PT27 (snakes and lizards!)
PT30
PT33
PT36
PT40 (Zephyr Airlines)
June07

& all three Superpreps

(I've only done up to PT55, so I can't judge the newest 5 PTs, I hear 57 and 60 are doozies though).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:20 pm

I must be unique because I didnt find these games difficult at all. Plotting the possibilities really helped me in the birds game and the jewelry game just required keeping track a million rules.

The worst game for me was Zephyr Airlines and the snakes game.

Oh wait, the birds game. Are you talking about the ones with Jays, Grossbeaks, Wrens, etc or the one where they're in cages and all that? Because the one with the birds in cages was a HUGE bitch to me. I hated that one!

Blindc1rca

Bronze

Post by Blindc1rca » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:40 pm

gdane you're mixing two games. the jays grosbeaks wrens is birds in a forest, the quientessential in-out game. the cage one was PT14 game 3. that one f*cked my life up too. it was because of that one crucial overarching inference about the male parakeets.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”